One

Virgil POV :

I'm evil to the core

What I shouldn't do I will

They say I'm emotional

What I wanna save I'll kill

Is that who I truly am?

I truly don't have a chance

Tomorrow I'll keep a beat

And repeat yesterday's dance

The lyrics to the song blasted into my head at full volume.  The anthem of my life.  Who cares about the rest of the song, about changing and getting better.  Good things don't come to those who are bad. 

I was laying in my bed, in complete darkness.  I was slightly shaking, trying to come back from a panic attack.  It's not fun having to take on all the dark energy, especially when no one respects you for it. 

A soft knock sounded at my door making everything worse.  I stayed quiet.  The knock came again. 

"Hey kiddo."  Called Patton from the other side.  "We're starting a video soon...just thought I'd give you a heads up. 

Patton was that one person here that notices when the other sides get upset.  And he seems to be the only one that cares, though it is obvious that I piss him off a lot. 

I didn't say anything or move until I heard footsteps retreating from my door.  I sighed, sitting up.

A dull pain shot up from my wrists when I used my hands to balance myself.

"Fuck..." I whispered to myself noticing that blood had leaked onto the bed. I stood up to grab the gauze in my bedside table.

I hastily wrapped my arm hoping Thomas wouldn't call us soon.

So back to our old ways again, I see

Freak

I took off my headphones angrily. The voice in my head always had a way of getting to me.

Your not cut out to be a light side

Cut...hmm

Maybe you should do that again

You belong to the dark

"No I don't!" I yelled at nothing. I felt tears well up in my eyes and the tug to cut grew stronger.

That's when I felt Thomas summoning me.