Fifty Two

A/N pls don't kill me for this lol

Deceit POV

Something feels very wrong.

Very very wrong.

"You seem upset." Quinn said, looking over at me.

"I'm fine." I lied. Quinn paused the movie we were watching and turned to me.

"Don't lie."

I let out a sigh but couldn't stop the little smile. He knows me so well.

"Something just feels wrong...like in the air." I mumbled. "I know that doesn't make sense, but something just smells wrong."

"Smells?" Quinn asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm half snake," I reminded him. "Some of my senses are a little heightened. And the air just smells wrong. There's something wrong but I can't place it." 

"How does it smell wrong?"  He asked.  I didn't want to tell him.  The air smells electric.  If I told him I was sensing something that reminded me a lot of Corruption, Quinn might panic. 

"Not sure."  I lied. 

"Dee."  Quinn said sternly.  "Don't lie to me." 

I sighed.  I debated it in my mind for a few seconds.

"I don't want to worry or scare you."  I told him, pressing a kiss to his forehead.  He pouted.

"I can handle it."  He argued.  I sighed again. 

"I think I'm sensing Corruption." 

-•-

Virgil POV
"N-Now's the t-time."' Corruption purred, patting the top of my head.  "G-Go break up with Ro-Roman." 

"I don't want to."  I argued, crossing my arms in front of my chest.  He slapped me for that. 

It was the next day and currently, Corruption is harassing me to break up with Roman again. 

"W-We can do th-this the easy or the h-hard way."  He hissed.  "Y-Your choice."

"I'm not going to break up with Roman."  I hissed at him.  He slapped me again, causing me to whimper in pain. 

"H-Hard way it is th-than."  He growled.  He placed his hand on the back of my neck. 

I cried out in pain as he started shocking me.  I withered around, trying to get his hand off my neck. 

Black dots danced in my vision.  I opened my mouth but no scream came out.  The pain was unbearable.  It felt as if my body was being ripped apart.

I felt my body hit the floor and that's all I remember before everything went black.

When I open my eyes, I'm looking...at myself? I blink my eyes a few times, but I'm still right there.

"Like my new trick Pet?" Asked myself.

What did you do?! I yelled but no sound seemed to come out.

"I've taken over your body." Corruption, I'm guessing, answered. "Forced your soul into the shadows, and now I have control over your body."

How?! I asked, starting to hyperventilate out of shock. I looked down at my hands to see that I could see right through them. Only than did I realize that I was floating.

"You weren't going to break up with Roman yourself," Corruption smirked. "So I'm going to do it for you."

Give me back my body! I screamed. I'll just tell all the others!