Ninety One

BIG SHOUT OUT TO Marleyexe I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER WIHOUT THEIR HELP

Trigger warning : blood, definitely not a chapter for those faint of heart

Logan POV
I looked down at Quinn's body, my mind thinking through how to help him. 

"Aren't you going to do anything?"  Roman asked. 

"He's just been stabbed Roman, this needs to be treated carefully."  I told him in a sharp voice. 

I moved next to Quinn and placed two of my fingers between his temple and ear, where the carotid artery is.  Then I used his other hand to find his pulse.

The blood was moving too quickly for his heart.  It's an internal arterial bleed.  I need to remove the knife to make the internal bleeding stop but by pulling out the knife I risk sending him into an even worse shock.

He's very obviously in shock now.  He was pale and clammy to the touch.  He was shaking slightly.

"Roman please move Quinn to the kitchen table,"  I told him.  "I'd prefer not to do this on the couch."

Roman nodded and gently moved Quinn over to the kitchen table.  I moved the chairs away from the table and summoned up a pair of gloves. 

"This is about to get very...disturbing, if blood makes you uncomfortable, I suggest leaving now,"  I warned everyone in the room.  Everyone nodded but no one left. 

I summoned a scalpel and cut Quinn's shirt off.  Upon closer inspection, the wound was slowly oozing blood. 

I placed pressure around the wound with one hand and grabbed the handle of the knife. 

"Roman, be ready to grab his arms and head if he starts thrashing."  I told him. 

Slowly, I started pulling the knife out of Quinn's chest.  The knife came out easily, only a few flinches from Quinn.

Now seeing the knife and how small the blade was, I hoped this would be easier then expected.

Instantly, blood started gushing out of the wound.  There was definitely a wound to one of his arteries. 

I summoned a small cup of saline solution and placed the cup about an inch from the wound.  I poured it down his chest to clean the wound. 

Quinn flinched in pain, his body starting to convulse.  I moved some chairs so that his feet were elevated again. 

I quickly started putting pressure on the wound.  It wasn't bleeding as heavily as now but it was still a fatal cut.

There's nothing I can do to stop the bleeding.  His body has to heal itself on its own now.  There's not much more I can do for Quinn now.

I summoned some bandages and placed them on top of the wound.  Then I put my hand back to keep pressure on it until the bleeding finally seemed to show signs of stoping.  It took about ten minutes, but the bleeding finally slowed.

I let out a sigh and moved away from Quinn.  Blood soaked my hands and forearms completely now. 

"Is...Is he okay?"  Patton asked timidly. 

"He'll live,"  I breathed out, exhausted after that.  "Hopefully." 

"Now what?"  Asked Remy.  "What're we supposed to do now?" 

I was about to answer but was interrupted by Remus slamming the front door open and marching in. 

"GUESS WHO GOT THEMSELVES A MOTHER FUCKIN BOYFRIEND?!"  He screeched, an indescribable but happy look on his face. 

But his eyes widened as his took in Quinn's form, my bloody arms and everyone's tear stained faces.

"What the fuck happened here?"  He asked.

"Quinn tried to kill himself,"  I explained.

"Oh,"  Was all Remus said.

"Anyways,"  Remy huffed, clearly annoyed.  "Like I said, what're we supposed to do now?" 

"Well, we wait,"  I said slowly.  "Someone will have to keep an eye on Quinn at all times to make sure he doesn't bleed out or go into shock again."

"I can do it,"  Roman said.  "Got nothing better to do anyways."

"Thank you Roman,"  I said.  "Please move him back to his room, make sure his feet are elevated.  If he wakes, come get me immediately."

Roman nodded and wordlessly picked Quinn up gently.  With that he turned and headed upstairs.  Remus followed for some reason. 

"Well If that's it, Emile and me will be going,"  Remy said.  "Keep us posted on Quinn."

"What,"  I said under my breath, not understanding what Remy was saying.  I'm too tired for this shit. 

Patton woke me up at god knows how early because of Quinn's little stunt.  I haven't had breakfast or a single ounce of coffee.  I still haven't even gotten to change out of my pajamas. 

Without another word, the two left.  Leaving just Patton and I. 

I moved to the sink, discarding my gloves into the trashcan.  I started trying to get the blood off my arms but it wasn't coming off easily. 

"You did a good job,"  Patton said, wrapping his arms around my waist and peering over my shoulder.  Well, trying to at least.  I am much taller than Patton.

"Thank you,"  I mumbled, more concerned with getting Quinn's blood off my skin.  Then I'll worry about Patton.

Once I was done, I turned around, securing Patton in my arms.  Patton was crying softly. 

"Will things ever be happy again?"  He chocked out.

"I don't know,"  I admitted.  "I just don't know."

Roman POV
I sat Quinn gently down on his bed.  Seeing Quinn lying there, looking to death like, reminded me of when Virgil tried to kill himself. 

I sat down at the desk and looked numbly at Quinn.  I don't even know what to think at this point.

"Whatcha doing?"  Asked Remus, causing me to jump in shock.  I didn't know he had followed me.

"Missing Virgil,"  I mumbled, barely aware of what I was saying. 

"Sorry,"  Remus mumbled, coming to stand next to me.

"You said you got a boyfriend?"  I asked, hopeful for anything to take my mind of Virgil. 

"Oh yeah!"  Remus yelled, instantly extremely giddy.  "Me and Evan are dating now.  We even kissed!"

"Wow,"  I breathed.  I never suspected someone like Evan to fall for someone like Remus.  Then again I never thought Virgil would love me either. 

"We're meeting up for dinner at his house tonight,"  Remus told me. 

"Why always his house?"  I asked.

"Well I can't bring him here with all you guys moping around.  And I can't really get back to my room in the dark mind palace either,"  Remus explained in a 'duh' voice."

"Makes sense,"  I muttered.  "Where are you sleeping then?"

"Well usually on the couch or outside but since me and Evan started dating, I've been staying at his place on his couch."  Remus said with a a laugh. 

"Sounds like fun,"  I mumbled.

"Ya know what,"  Remus said with a clap.  "I'm gonna let you sit here and sulk, while I go be happy somewhere else, kay?"

"Whatever."  I grumbled. 

"Byeeeee!"  Remus yelled before leaving. 

Why does Remus get to be happy and have Evan when I can't even see Virgil?