Thirty Four

Virgil POV
"We're still stuck in here," Said Remy. "You do realize that right?"

"Do you think you can imagine all this away Roman?" Asked Deceit. "By this point in the plan, Corruption will already be trying to get into the real world to Thomas."

"I can try." Answered Roman. He closed his eyes. Slowly, the ground started shaking.

I grabbed Roman's hand reassuringly. Slowly, all the hedges started shrinking down. Eventually, they were barely above our knees.

Roman slowly put his hands on his knees, gasping for breath. I rubbed his back.

"That's all...I can...do." He coughed, obviously winded from that.

"Good job." I told him gently, still rubbing his back.

"We need to go." Said Deceit. "Corruption probably has eyes on us right now. He's bound to know that we've found each other. So he'll probably move onto phase three."

"We're already on phase two?" Asked Roman.

"Yes. Phase one, was revealing himself and Virgil as Depression. Phase two, was freeing the others and the maze. Phase three, destroy Thomas." Answered Deceit.

"You said...he might have eyes on us right now?" Asked Picani.

"Yes." Answered Deceit. "Most likely Ignorance. He really can't do anything to turn Thomas bad, unlike Remus." Deceit faze flickered up to Roman for a few seconds.

"How would we now?" Asked Logan.

"We won't."

"Well that's comforting." Said Roman sarcastically.

"We need to go, now." I said, getting their attention. I started coughing. 

"We need to go."  Agreed Deceit.  "If Virgil doesn't make it...if his mind gives into the dark...we won't be able to save Thomas." 

"Logan said he was getting better."  Roman Said slowly. 

"Roman you have only ever been a light side."  Hissed Deceit.  "You don't understand the amount of strength it takes to keep the darkness at bay." 

"Maybe I don't, but I can try."  Argued Roman. 

"You don't understand our kind Roman."  Deceit retorted.  "You couldn't understand our minds even if you tried." 

"I think I could!  I'm the great Prince Roman!"  Said Roman, starting to get frustrated. 

"Do you know what it's like to be hated and feared?  To be despised by everyone?"  Asked Deceit. 

"Well...no..."  Muttered Roman. 

"Exactly."  Deceit hissed at Roman.  "So don't act like you understand us." 

"I can try!  I try to help Virgil!"  Argued Roman. 

"You've never gone through these kinds of this."  Deceit argued back. 

"And yet you somehow understand what Virgil's going through?"  Roman said angrily. 

"Yeah Princey, I do."  Deceit growled at him.  "All you light sides acting your better than us.  We get, you don't like us."  Deceit grumbled the last part. 

"You've never been a light side though."  Argued Roman.  "So you don't understand Virgil. 

I was about to stop Roman from edging Deceit on.  But Deceit raised his arm and pulled his sleeve down to show a bunch of scars, leading down his wrist.