Sixty Eight

TRIGGER WARNING : #glitchbitch, abusive relationship
QUICK REMINDER — Corruption doesn't stutter when he sings

Virgil POV

"Who are you?"  I repeated, the three figures just staring at me in shock.  Suddenly the one in the light blue dress burst into tears. 

"Virgil...don't you remember us?"  Asked the one in the pink and blue dress.  I shook my head no.  Blue dress guy started flat out sobbing at that. 

"Who are you?"  I asked again, slightly frustrated. 

"We're your family!"  Yelled blue dress guy, sobbing heavily.  "Why don't you remember us?!" 

"I...I don't understand."  I stuttered, looking at the floor.  "Am I suppose to know who you are?" 

"Its me!  Patton!  Morality!"  Blue dress guy said, getting up and pressing himself against the bars. 

"I don't know any Pattons."  I mumbled.  Blue dress guy-I mean, Patton's face fell in anguish. 

"Do you remember any of us?"  Asked pink and blue dress guy. 

"No."  I told him.  "Who are you?"

"I'm Dr. Emile Picani."  Pink and blue dress guy said.  "I'm just a trait, I represent Thomas's empathy." 

"Oh cool,"  I commented. 

"I...I'm..." Grey dress guy mumbled, obviously terrified. Dr. Picani gently rubbed grey dress guy's back in a comforting manor. "I'm Quinn...or Doubt...I'm also a trait..."

"I'm Virgil," I told them. "I represent Paranoia."

"No you don't!" Yelled Patton. "You are anxiety. You're a Light Side. Not whatever lies Corruption has been telling you!"

Dr. Picani tried to calm Patton down, who was near hysterical. I couldn't help a shudder of fear that ran through me at the mention of those horrid light sides. But also a grimace crossed my face at the thought.  I never want to be apart of the Light Sides.

"This is Patton, he's Thomas's morality." Dr. Picani said. "He's a Light Side." Fear coursed through me. He must hate me. Master said they hate me. The light sides want to hurt me...destroy me...

"I...I'm gonna go." I said quickly, backing away towards the door.

"No!" Yelled Quinn. "Please don't leave us here..." He added on, much quieter now.

"No...you guys are Light Sides...you hate me..." I mumbled, my fear growing.

"We don't hate you Virgil." Cried Patton. "We all love you. You don't belong here. You had your memory stolen, nothing Corruption tells you is true."

"Stop lying." I said lowly.

"I'm not." Patton sobbed, looking like he would shatter into a million pieces at any second. Before anyone could say anything else, the door sling open with a slam.

"WHAT T-THE FUCK IS GO-GOING O-ON IN H-HERE." Screeched Master, his face red in anger.

"I'm sorry Master!" I said quickly, putting my hands up in a submissive way. "I just saw the door and I wanted to see what was in it! I didn't mean to!"

"Ob-Obviously you d-did." Growled Master. "Th-This is how y-you thank m-me? I save y-you from th-those horrible Light S-Sides, and th-this is how y-you re-repay me? By t-talking to them? B-By breaking the r-rules?"

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I didn't mean to. I'm sorry."

Master glared at the Light Sides, who had remained silent throughout this. Master quickly walked forwards, grabbed my arm harshly, and pulled me down the tunnel back into his room.