One Hundred & Twenty Three

ReMiLe AnGsT?!?!?

or

ReMiLe fLuFf?!?!?

or

ReMiLe sMeXy TiMes?!?!?

LeTs sPiN ThE wHeeL aNd FiNd OuT

wHo KnOwS wHaT iTL LaNd oN

Emile POV
I blinked my eyes quickly, taking another sip of my peppermint tea. I'm running on only an hour of sleep, and even then it was really just a light doze.

I was just sitting at the kitchen table, my notebook next to me.  I stared at it lazily.  I know I need to start working again.  But I've just been so busy.

Logan, Deceit, and I work together to figure out Wylan since we are probably the smartest three intellectually.  Then I have to help Wylan with his extremely toxic relationship with Corruption and his depression.  Then I work with Virgil and Quinn on their PTSD from being with Corruption and suicidal issues.  I work with Evan in speech therapy and physical therapy, considering how much the parasite destroyed his body. And on top of that, I have all my regular patients like Elliot, Kai, Larry and Dot.

Which meant that I haven't been able to get a moments reprieve since Wylan showed up. So two days now. Did I get any breakfast this morning?

I'm worrying so much.  What if I can't help everyone?  What if I never get Wylan out of that toxic mindset?  What if Virgil or Quinn don't get the help they need to heal.  What if Evan can't speak ever again?  What if I fail?

"Emile," Logan said, making me jump to attention.

"Yes?"

"Evan said he wanted to talk to you," He informed me. I smiled and nodded, biting back a sigh.

I slowly stood up, tucking my notebook beneath my arm and carrying my tea.  I had to sidestep some empty boxes to get to the stairs.  The only good thing that came with Wylan's arrival is that Patton has forced Remy and I to move into the Light Sides place.

Remy complained but I liked the idea of staying here.  It also helped reduce the risk of getting separated and kidnapped by Corruption.

While I've been helping everyone, Remy moved all our stuff into our new room.  He grumbled he entire time but he knew it was for the best.

I knocked on the guest bedroom door, where Evan was staying, letting him know someone was coming in.  For whatever reason unknown to me, Evan and Remus have been avoiding each other.

I opened the door and stepped into the room.  He smiled at me, lazily plucking a few strings on his guitar.

"Good to see you Evan,"  I told him, sitting down at the end of the bed.  "Do you how do?"

Great, not.  He wrote, reminding me of Elliot. 

"Well why's that?"  I asked.

I don't know how to explain it.  Evan wrote with a sigh. 

"Nervous?"

Guess you could say that.  He added with a shrug. 

"Don't worry,"  I said with a smile.  "There's no judgment here."

Thanks.

"Logan said you needed me?"

He started writing again, setting down his guitar.  You're a couples therapist right?

"Yep," 

Something happened between Remus and I.  Evan wrote, his hands a little shaky.