Twenty Nine

WARNING - This chapter has a shit ton of gore in it, so read at your own risk if blood and guts and all that stuff bothers you

Virgil POV
Deceit slowly raised the gun, pointing it at me. I nodded, hoping he would just shoot me.

"I love you Doubt." He said. Doubt looked up at him, slowly shaking his head. "I love you so much, I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I couldn't save us. I'm sorry for this."

With that, Deceit quickly turned the gun on himself. He placed the gun against his head and pulled the trigger.

"NO!" Screamed Doubt as the shot echoed throughout the room. Deceits hand fell and the gun tumbled out. It clattered against the ground.

Deceit fell to the ground with a thud. Blood started sleeping out, creating a large pool of blood that kept slowly expanding.

Doubt was shaking and full on sobbing. Everyone stood silently, looking horror at the scene. We were all too shocked to even comprehend what had happened.

Corruption let go of Doubts hair. Doubt scrambled forwards and cradled Deceit in his arms.

"No no no no no no." He mumbled over and over. He pressed his hand against the bullet hole, trying to stop the blood. It didn't work.

"Oh well, he w-was useless any-anyways." Said Corruption casually. Obviously the bleeding out, unconscious body of Deceit had no effect on him. "Any-anyways." He walked over and grabbed the gun off the floor.

"I g-guess there was n-never a tale m-more of woe, than Deceit and his p-poor Doubt." Said Corruption sarcastically.

"You said you'd free us." Whispered Doubt. He kept hugging Deceit's limp body tightly.

"Guess I l-lied." Hissed Corruption. "B-but much like the tale of R-Romeo and J-Juliet, the love-lovers die in each other's a-arms in the end." With that, Corruption put the gun barrel against the side of Doubts head.

"No-wait!" Yelled Doubt, trying to scrambled away. Corruption pulled the trigger and shot Doubt in the neck. Blood burst out the other side of his neck and he slumped down on top of Deceit.

Doubt coughed, gasping for breath. He tried to push himself back up but fell back down. He coughed, bits of his throat coming up. He kept coughing up blood.

I wanted to look away, but I couldn't tear my gas away from the scene. I could hear Picani and Patton crying.

Eventually, Doubt stopped coughing and twitching. He grabbed Deceit's hand and his body completely still.

"W-well that was f-fun." Said Corruption with a sinister laugh.

"You...shot him." Said Roman in disbelief. "And deceit shot...himself."

"Why?" Asked Logan.

"Why are you doing this to us?" Cried Patton.

"B-because I h-hate all you h-happy light sides." Hissed Corruption. "I can-can't stand all of you."

"Let us go. I'll...free them." I bargained. Corruption looked at me in shock, obviously surprised that I'm cooperating with him. He thought for a second.

"I d-don't believe you." He hissed. Quickly he turned and aimed the gun at Picani. He shot right as Picani screamed. I grabbed his arm and pulled Picani down under me. The bullet blasted through the window, shattering it.

Corruption quickly walked over and kicked me off of Picani.

"No! Get away from him!" Remy screeched. "Don't kill him! Please!" Remy was crying now, obviously terrified by the thought of losing Picani.

I tried to move myself back over Picani to protect him, but corruption kicked me off. I groaned as a strong wave of pain came over me. I collapsed, all my energy going into trying to no pass out.

Corruption aimed the gun at Picani again and shot him. Picani screamed out in pain as the bullet grazed his neck.

He pressed his hands to his neck, trying to stop the cut from bleeding. He was pale, as white as a sheet.

While Corruption was distracted by laughing at Picani's feeble attempts to stop the bleeding, I snuck over towards Roman, Remy, Logan, and Patton.

I crawled, barely able to move me feet at this point. I reached their feet and looked up at them.

I mouthed 'I'm sorry' at them. I grabbed the ropes and pulled myself upwards. They tried to help, but couldn't move much.

I grabbed the hilt of Roman's sword and pulled it out of its sheath. Corruption's head snapped up at the sound. Quickly I turned the blade and cut the rope.

Instantly Remy ran to Picani, and tried to help with the cut. I handed the sword to Roman and collapsed into Patton. Roman charged Coeruption, sword raised.

Corruption summoned a sword made of a lighting bolt to fend Roman off. Patton held tightly onto me, trying to keep me from falling again. Logan stood in front of the two of us, but he was shaking in fear. Remy picked Picani up bridal style and ran over to me and Patton.

Remy handed Picani off to Patton and than stood next to Logan to defend the three of us. I found myself worrying for Doubt and Deceit. Their bodies would start to regenerate and they would wake up within the hour.

Roman and Corruption battled it out by the stairs. Roman stabbed his sword into Corruptions chest.  The part of his chest around the sword glitched and the sword passed right through him without hurting Corruption. 

Corruption smirk before stabbing Roman back with his sword. Roman grimaced as the tip of Corruptions sword connect with Roman's shoulder.

"Logan...Remy." I wheezed out. They both turned and looked at me. "Get Doubt And Deceit." Logan looked uncertain but Remy instead grabbed Doubt and handed him over to us.

"I knew Doubt personally. Never thought he'd date someone like Deceit, but Doubt's a good guy." Said Remy. Logan dragged Deceit over and laid him next to the couch. 

Corruption grabbed Roman by the shoulders and spun him around, causing Roman to go flying into Logan.  Logan fell backwards and on the couch next to me and Patton.

Roman quickly got up and got back into a battle stance with his sword raised. 

"That's it!"  Yelled Corruption.  He snapped his fingers and the world's started to melt away around us.  I clung onto Patton terrified of what was happening.