Fifty One

TRIGGER WARNING - self harm/cutting in detail lots of blood

Virgil POV

I trudged tiredly up to my room.  I didn't want to be alone.  Not at all.  But Corruption made me, he forced his way back into my mind. 

He threatened Roman.  So I listened to him and left.  I didn't want to leave Roman. I want to go back down the stairs and curl up in his arms. I felt safe in his arms.

I don't want to be alone.  I can only imagine why Corruption wants me alone right now.  I felt those first few wisps of anxiety welling up in my stomach.  I'm not feeling safe now.

I reached my door and took a deep breath.  I pushed it open.  I stepped into the room and turned my back quickly to shut the door. 

I jumped and had to bite back a scream when I turned around.  Corruption was sitting on my bed, sitting there like he owned the place. 

"Hello P-Pet."  He said lowly, waggling his fingers at me in a wave.

"What...what happened...to your face?"  I breathed out, unable to pull my eyes away from the horrid scar.  In place of where his glitching eye once was, was a black gaping, bloody hole.  There was no eye there anymore.  A long, wide scar ran down from his temple, across the eye socket, and down his cheek to his chin.  The skin around his eyes was red and twisted as if he had been burned. 

"De-Deceit did this t-to m-m-me."  He growled, running his fingers over the scar.  "Ya kn-know, when h-h-he stabbed m-me in the eye." 

I wasn't going to lie.  He look absolutely hideous and terrifying with the scar and missing eye.  Corruption laughed as my fear of him grew. 

"Why are you here?"  I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"N-Now now my P-Pet,"  He purred, getting off my bed.  "Am I n-not allowed t-t-to visit y-you?"  He strolled leisurely over to me and grabbed my chin. 

"I'd prefer to never see your hideous face again."  I hissed.  Corruption looked taken aback. 

He let go of my chin and backhanded me across the cheek.  My head snapped to he side when he hit me. 

I looked at him, holding my cheek in shock.  Pain spread across my cheek where he slapped me. 

"Don-Don't talk to you-your Master like th-that."  He growled. 

"I'm sorry."  I mumbled, feeling tears prick in my eyes. 

"S-sorry who?" 

"I'm sorry Master."  I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut to stop the tears.  Corruption laughed. 

"I g-guess you kn-know how Prin-Princey felt when y-you slapped h-him."  Corruption said.  I flinched again like he had hit me. 

"I didn't mean to hit him."  I argued.  "I was panicking.  It's not my fault I keep having episodes."

"Oh p-poor naïve l-little Virgil."  Corruption purred, patting my cheek lightly.  "D-Do you re-really be-believe that its j-just PTSD?" 

I nodded my head, already starting to understand what Corruption meant. 

"I've b-been the one force-forcing mem-memories of Re-Remus into your m-mind."  He said, ending in maniacal laughter.

"Why?" I chocked out.

"I hate y-you." He hissed, wrapping his hand around my neck. 

I grabbed at his hand, trying to pull it off but he was much stronger than me.