Thirty Five

A/N ——
GUESS WHO BACK GUYS, GALS, AND NON BINARY PALS!!!!
I'm still just as depressed as before and I'm still an absolute fucking mess; but hey, I'm writing again, so that's good I guess
Glad to be back, I again apologize for my little break.  Hope you guys are doing amazing!! 
Anyways...on with this craptastic story!!

Virgil POV
I glared at Corruption angrily.  My grip tightened on the book. 

"I'm sur-surprised you act-actually m-made it here V-Virgil."  Growled Corruption.  "I didn't t-t-think you had it in y-you." 

"Leave Thomas alone."  I growled back.  "You don't belong here and you know it." 

"Virgil?"  Whispered Thomas, coughing.  He turned and faced me and the others.  His gaze flickered over us and he smiled gently. 

"It's okay Thomas."  I promised him.  "We won't let them hurt you." 

"Give in V-Virgil.  Give into the dark-darkness.  You'll get to r-rule over T-Thomas with us."  Said Corruption while extending a hand to me. 

"I'm not going back."  I hissed at him.  "You have no control over me anymore." 

"O-On the c-contrary."  Said Corruption with a smirk.  Instantly, it felt as if I was being burned alive.  I screamed out in agony and collapsed to the floor. 

Give in Virgil! 

You belong to the darkness! 

Corruption's voice screamed at me in the mind.  I curled up and dug my nails into the scalp.  I couldn't breath.  I can't breath.  My throat seemed to close. 

And my heart seemed to stop.  I felt someone holding me, but I could barely register the feeling.  All I could feel was agonizing pain of Depression trying to take back over. 

Than the pain was gone.  My body relaxed in relief.  I took deep breaths, trying to calm my racing heart.  I opened my eyes to see that I was in Roman's arms.  He has a terrified expression on his face. 

"Y-you see V-Virgil."  Said Corruption slowly.  "You can't escape f-from who y-you used to be.  You h-have been and always w-will be D-Depression." 

"No."  I muttered, pulling myself away from Roman.  I wheezed a bit, still feeling lightheaded.  Roman tried to pull me back to him but I shrugged him off. 

I grabbed the book off the floor and opened it.  Corruption let out a laugh. 

"Your st-stupid book can't h-help you now."  Laughed Corruption.  "I h-have way more p-power than y-you." 

"But not me."  Hissed Deceit, stepping up next to Virgil.  Instantly, snakes were wrapping themselves around Ignorance and Remus. 

They started yelling, trying to get the snakes off them.  Corruption turned and smiled gently. 

"Time f-for the real fun to b-begin."  He hissed, he shot a bolt of energy at his look-a-like.  Deceit crumbled to the floor with a scream.  His snakes fell limply off of Remus and Ignorance.

Than the entire world started glitching and shifting around.  When the world stopped moving, we were back in the mindscape. 

"If we-were going to have a b-battle with m-magic,"  started Corruption.   "W-we might as w-we'll be in a pl-place where m-magic works." 

The rain was gone, instead replaced with dark storm clouds.  I looked up to see Corruption right next to me. 

I flinched as he wrapped his hand around my neck.  I was too weak to fight back as he threw me to the ground.