Twenty Four

Deceit POV
I was in Corruptions room, standing next to him at his desk. He was twitching a lot as he typed something out on his typewriter.

My eyes kept flickering up to the door that Doubt was locked up behind.

"We n-need to turn V-Virgil back to De-Depression by to-tomorrow." He stuttered. "If I-I'm going to take-take over Thomas, n-now is-s the time. V-Virgil is-is at his weak-est and Thomas is in a b-bad mental pl-place because o-of V-Virgil's sui-suicide attempt."

"Will Doubt be returned to be me after tomorrow than?" I asked. He stayed silent for a few seconds, deep in thought.

"I g-guess you can have h-him back. I'll h-have no use for y-you after I get rid of a-all the-the sides."

"Even the dark sides?"

"I n-need every-everyone but me to be d-dead or g-gone if-f I want to fin-finally-ly turn Th-Thomas insane."

"So after you...free the dark sides...your just going to kill them off?" I asked, not too keen on seeing the people I would consider family dying.

"N-no I'll keep t-them around for a b-bit to turn Thomas b-bad But than they are f-free to their own devices in Th-Thomas mind. I only need to k-kill the li-light sides." He explained.

"What if Virgil doesn't turn back to Depression?" I asked, slightly worried for the anxious side.

"T-than I k-kill him and that m-means you would h-have fail-failed me, s-so Doubt w-will pay the price and d-die." I flinched as Corruption said that.

"And if Virgil turns back to Depression?"

"I r-release the Dark S-sides and than k-kill him."

"Why?"

"H-he's worth-worthless to me as D-Depression." He explained. "H-he'll still re-remember being a-anxiety, so h-he won't hurt T-Thomas."

"What if the light sides stop you?" I asked him.

"You and D-Doubt will p-pay the pri-price."

Patton POV
"He wouldn't listen to me!"  I argued, getting slightly emotional.  Roman was honestly scaring me right now.  He seemed furious. 

"You should've tried harder!"  Roman yelled at me. 

"Roman calm down!"  Yelled Logan.  "You need to sit down so we can discuss this calmly." 

"I can't be calm right now!"  He yelled at Logan.  "Virgil is suffering!" 

"You yelling at Patton isn't going to fix anything."  Logan said, trying to reason with Roman.  Roman slammed his fists on the table. 

"I'm not going to calm down!"  He screamed.  "You should have stopped him Patton!"  I flinched, starting to tear up.

"I'm sorry!  I don't want Virgil to get hurt."  I tried to tell Roman, but Roman was beyond listening to reason. 

"If you didn't want Virgil to get hurt, than you would've stopped Thomas!"  He screamed at me. 

I tried to stop myself but I started crying.  Just a few tears falling down my cheeks because Roman was scaring me so much.  I've never seen him this furious before.  Not even when Deceit attacked Virgil. 

"Roman you need to stop!"  Yelled Logan, when he saw me starting to cry.  Logan held my hand trying to comfort me the best he could, while glaring at Roman. 

"Yeah, chill."  Said Remy, getting off the counter.  "Your hurting Patton's feelings and scaring Emile.  Chill."

Before anyone could say anything, Virgil took a sharp breath.  I looked at him, worried.  Roman was about to say something, but was cut off by Virgil suddenly standing up.  I flinched as his chair hit the floor.