The Meeting that Changed Everything

Narrator's POV

The Avengers are in their meeting room.  Tony called everyone to the Avenger's building because he needed to make an announcement to everyone.

"Why are we here Tony?", asked Steve.

"We need to have a discussion about something.", replied Tony.

"What is it?", asked Natasha, "Nothing bad is about to happen, right?"

"No, but it's about me..." said Tony.

"This may or may not involve me as well...", mumbled Stephen.

"Wait...", said, Thor.

"Are we getting a new member for the Avengers?!", exclaimed Bruce.

"No... um... how do I explain this... I'm dating someone else.", said Tony hesitantly.

"You broke up with Pepper? Who are you with now?", asked Natasha.

"How do I say this...", stuttered Tony nervously.

"Take your time, Tony.", said Steve.

"I'm with Stephen..." quivered Tony.

"What?!", exclaimed Bruce.

"I'm sorry...", said Tony leaving the room.

"Be right back.", said Stephen going after Tony.

Everyone in the room was looking at Bruce.  Natasha and Steve looked cross and made him feel bad.

"Bruce... you said that in the rudest way possible!", exclaimed Natasha.

"I'm sorry! I can't handle surprises that well.", replied Bruce.

"I'm going to check on Tony.", said Natasha.

Natasha walked out of the meeting room and then saw Tony and Stephen sitting together. Tony had his face in Stephen's chest, trying not to cry.

"I knew this was a bad idea.", said Tony wrapped around Stephen. 

"It's okay Tony.  Coming out isn't easy.  At least you managed.", said Stephen in a comforting voice.

"You're warm...let's stay here...and admire the view...", said Tony nuzzling into Stephen's chest.

Stephen blushed and smiled.

"Tony..." said Natasha.

"Natasha?", said Tony.

"Bruce didn't mean anything on what he said.  You know how he is when someone has a surprise.", said Natasha.

"It's not that.", said Stephen still comforting Tony.

"What is it then?", asked Natasha.

"It's the fact of him being the only gay Avenger and him dating me," replied Stephen.

"Wait... you're not gay?", asked Natasha.

"I'm bi.", said, Stephen.

"Stephen, can we please stay here...", said Tony.

"You don't have to go in if you don't feel comfortable yet," said Stephen.

Tony just sat there, looking out the window. Stephen's cape Levi flew over to them and wrapped around Tony's body. He felt comforted by Levi and started to calm down. Tony eventually went back into the meeting room. He sat back down as nothing happened.

"So... are you actually...", said Steve.

"Yes Steve, I'm gay.", replied Tony hesitantly.

"How did you find out?", asked Thor.

"When I met Strange...um...", quivered Tony.

"It's okay Tony, you can do it.", said, Stephen.

"It was during college. I was with Pepper still, but I always had this feeling, but I didn't know what it was, until now. I've always...um... had feelings for guys.", said Tony feeling uncomfortable about it again.

"Oh.", said, Thor.

"Can we not talk about this now?", said Tony.

"It's okay Tony. We know it's hard for you to talk to us. We'll all go home and you can get comfortable.", said Bruce.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming.", said, Stephen.

"Bye Tony.  Bye Stephen.", said, everyone.

"Bye.", replied Tony and Stephen.

Everyone in the room left except for Stephen and Tony. Tony walked into the living room and had a small smile on his face.

"I...I did it....", said Tony smiling.

"I'm proud of you.", said Stephen smiling back.

Tony and Stephen then sat by the couch that was in front of the window. Tony put his head on Stephen's shoulder and felt better. They both looked out the window and looked at the city.

"Stephen... I love you.", said Tony.

"Love you too," replied Stephen.

600 words