Auditions

Narrator's POV

(Small fluff scene)

Peter ran to his orchestra class in a hurry because he had auditions.  He barely made into the room when the bell rang.  His music teacher, Mr. Stan, was writing what they were doing on the board.

"Ok, class! Today people have seating auditions!  So, if you are the violins and cellos, you have the auditions today, and violas and basses have sectionals with the student teacher.", said Mr. Stan.

"Oh great...", said Peter.

"Hey, Petey.", said Wade from behind him.

"Wade!", said Peter startled.

"I forgot that you did violin.", said Wade.

"Me too.  Don't you play the cello?", asked Peter.

"Yup.  And I didn't practice at all.", replied Wade.

Peter then heard his name get called up for auditions. Peter got extremely nervous and walked over to Mr. Stan. The pieces he is being auditioned for are Hemispheres, Swamp Thang, Bach Brandenburg No. 5, and Vivaldi's Summer 1st Movement.

"Peter, one of my finest students.", said Mr. Stan pleasantly.

"Can I start with Vivaldi?", asked Peter.

"Sure thing, especially if you're auditioning for the solo part.", replied Mr. Stan.

Peter was told what measures he had to run through and did what he was told to do.  Mr. Stan was writing down while Peter was playing.  At one point while he was playing the solo part for Bach Brandenburg No. 5, the whole class went silent and listened to him. When he was done, the whole room was clapping.

"Well, Peter seems like you got the first seat this concert.", said Mr. Stan smiling.

"Yes!", exclaimed Peter.

Peter went back to his seat smiling. Wade then was following Peter back to his seat.

"So...I didn't know you were such a big show-off...", said Wade smiling.

"I mean...I'm not THAT good.", replied Peter smiling.

Peter sat back down and was told he should wait till everyone was done with their audition. After about thirty minutes, everyone was done with the auditions. Mr. Stan then told the class to look at the board for what seat you got.  Of course, Peter got first followed by this kid named Brett. He was still happy to get the first seat out of twenty other people. When cellos were being announced, he was happy to see that Wade got the third chair out of twelve people. The bell then rang and everyone left the room. Wade was following Peter when Wade noticed something about Peter was off.

"Are you okay, Peter?", asked Wade.

"Um...I was wondering about something yesterday...um...do you like me?", replied Peter nervously.

"Actually, I do.", said Wade slightly quieter.

"I...I actually like you too.", said, Peter.

"Really?", said Wade smiling.

"Yea...", said Peter still nervous.

Wade and Peter then looked at each other and were smiling.  Wade grabbed Peter's hand and then kissed him.

"Wade...that was...", said, Peter smiling.

"It was good, wasn't it?", said Wade flirtatiously.

"See you later...Wade.", replied Peter.

Wade walked to his third-period class while Peter was standing there.  Ned then ran up to Peter, looking very ecstatic.

"Did...did...did you just...", said Ned.

"Yea... I kissed Wade, Ned", replied Peter smiling.

521 words