Game on

{Your Pov}

"No one can beat Max. Or rather Max and Adrien. It's a slam dunk. They're our school's dream team!"
I then see Alya take Marinette by her hand and drags her to a book shelf.

I shrugged and continued to watch the boys play. Then Mr. Damocles walked in, "Well, I think we have our two champions lined up for the Paris tournament."

"Wait! Uh, Is it too late... to try out?" Kim and Rose gasp as I gave her a confused look. Mr. Damocles, "Well, the library is closing up in five minutes, but..."

Alya shakes her head, "Oh, boy..." Marinette sits down and Adrien gives her his joypad. Marinette, "Adrien's joypad! Ohhh...! *rubs it on her face*

"Is she serious? There's no way!" I looked at Marinette with a weird look, "Ummmm.....you do know that's my controller your holding right, Max has Adrien's." Alya, "Unless the particular player has a particular motivation."

"The rules are elementary, You battle each other's robots with your own and..." Marinette, "Please... Every time you win, you loot its items and gain XP, which upgrades your mech. I'm not a noob, thank you very much."

"Ah, sounds like you have a sufficient amount of knowledge. Let's see if it's enough to beat me."
Chloé, "Seriously? How could anyone spend so much time in front of a screen?" Sabrina, "I know, as if." I looked at them as they start texting, hypocrites.

Marinette chooses LB-03, the ladybug robot, while Max chooses MX-01. "Come on, Max, you can do it!"
Marinette and Max start playing. The others see how Marinette is winning.

"And now, a quarter super plus heavy kick, and Flying Hyper Storm! Triple head combo, Marinette style! Booyah!" Marinette wins the game, "Woo! Yeah! Woo hoo! I win! Uh-huh!"

"Wha! I can't believe it! She... she beat him?" Alya, "Beat him? She pulverized him!" Rose, "The king's been knocked off his throne!" I look at Max who is very upset, "I accept this defeat. I relinquish my position at the tournament. Congratulations, Marinette. And Adrien."

Adrien, "Max, wait!" Kim, "Oh, Max..." Max, "Look. I'm fine, I lost fair and square. But if you don't mind, I'd like a little solitude." Max then leaves the library.

Mr. Damocles, "So, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste will represent Françoise Dupont High School at the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament. Good luck to both of you."

Adrien, "Well, I guess I'll be coming over to practice. With my new partner. See you later." Marinette, "See... ya..."

Adrien walks out as I followed, I then look at Marinette shaking my head from disappointment. She looked at me, having her smile turning sad.

Time skip

I couldn't stop thinking of how disappointed Max was when he lost, I feel so bad for him. Adrien looks at me, "What's wrong?" I shake my head out of my thoughts, "Oh I just feel bad for Max."

He sighs, "I know, but don't worry I'm sure he'll be ok." I doubt it......I then realize that Adrien has to go to Marinette's house, "Oh wanna ask, when you will be at Marinette's?"

"We can go right now." I looked at him, "We? You want me to go with you?" He smiled, "Yea, it'll be fine, besides...you'll get pretty lonely without me."

I chuckled, "Your right, alright then let's go." We head over to Marinette's house. I ran the door bell, and someone opened the door. They are Marinette's parents.

"Marinette! Someone's here to see you!" Marinette, "Uh... Coming!" I looked at the house in aw, it was so pretty, Adrien answered, "This is Y/n, my older sister." I greeted them, "It's a pleasure to meet you two."

"Marinette and Adrien are finalists in the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament." The dad responded, "No way. Well, she did learn from the best Tom style! Booyah!"

I giggled, the mom smiled, "Marinette never told us about this Tournament." Adrien, "We were just pairing out today." She looks happy, "You two are a pair, huh? I'm not surprised. Marinette talks a lot about you, you know?"

What the mom said kinda threw me off for a little bit, Marinette, "Mom! ...Come up, Adrien!" Adrien, "Uh, very nice to meet you." I followed as they said, "Ohhh..."

We head to Marinette's room, it was pretty also, Marinette looks at me, "I didn't know you were coming." I rubbed my neck, "Well....I wasn't, but Adrien wanted me to come....if that's ok."

Marinette smiles, "Oh don't worry Y/n it's fine." I smiled asked if I could sit on her bed, "You can." They then tried to grab the controller, "Oh! Hahaha. Sorry." Adrien, "No, you go."

"I'll use the other one. *both take each other's hands)* Ah! *each take their controllers*" Adrien looked at me I signaled him, "Akward." He rolls his eyes smiling.

I looked at Marinette, "Your parents seem nice." Marinette, "Oh yeah, they are. But... sometimes...Ahhhh!" Adrien gets confused, "Sometimes what?"

Tom opens the hatch, "Everything going good? I thought just in case you wanted something to eat..." I was about to say something but, "Uh... no thanks, Papa. We're training."