Larry - My Dreams Come True

Harry tried his best to keep his eyes on the bricks that made up the boardwalk. Each one a little bit unique. They kept his attention for a whole two minutes before he decided he hated himself, and he looked up in front of him where Louis and Eleanor were holding hands and enjoying the scenery.

Louis was smiling but he didn't look right. Something was off. But Harry knew he loved this place. They came here together just a couple days ago. But now Louis didn't seem like he wanted to be here.

Harry didn't get it. He got to enjoy this place with his perfect girlfriend. Why isn't he happy?

Harry wasn't even sure why he agreed to come along. He didn't want to be stuck in the hotel all day, but it would've been better than seeing Louis with her.

Eleanor leaned in and whispered something while she pointed across the street. Louis nodded and smiled. He turned back to Harry, We're going to the arcade, Haz! Coming?"

Harry just nodded lamely and let the couple go ahead. He followed slowly behind and when he got to the arcade Louis had his arms around Eleanor, helping her hold a giant gun for a game Harry and Louis had played just a couple days ago.

Harry had had enough. He hated feeling like this. He hated watching the person he loved with someone else and not being able to do anything about it. Because Louis was straight. And Louis had the perfect girlfriend.

Harry turned to their security guard and told him that he was heading back to the hotel. The guard pulled a second one over and had him take Harry back.

***

"Harry?" Louis called from outside the door. "Are you okay? You left without saying anything."

Harry was laying on his bed, on top of the sheets, still in his day clothes, staring at the ceiling like he has been for the past two hours.

And just now Louis noticed he was gone.

"Haz?" Louis tried again.

Harry sighed and got up. He shuffled to the door and open it to see a rather ruffled Louis. His face was wearing a worried expression and his hair was a mess.

"Harry," Louis breathed and hugged him.

Harry stilled in shock. "What's wrong?"

Louis shook his head against Harry's shoulder. "Nothing now."

Harry remained unmoving. "Then what was wrong?"

"I don't know. I turned around and you were gone. I thought maybe you wandered off by yourself and there were fans everywhere. I went looking for you for like two hours before they told me you went home." Louis grasped Harry's shirt in his hands. "I was so scared. You can't do that, Harry. Tell me if you're going to leave me."

"I didn't leave you," Harry said dumbfounded. "You were with El. I got...tired. So I came back."

Louis finally let Harry go. "I know. I just freaked for a minute."

"Or two hours."

Louis laughed humorlessly. "Yeah. Sorry."

Harry broke. "It's okay. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving. You were having a good time and I didn't want to bother you."

"I wasn't." Louis came all the way into Harry's room and shut the door. He went and sat at the edge of Harry's bed.

"Wasn't what?" Harry sat next to him with his hands in his lap.

Louis looked down to his lap, "Having fun."

"I saw you. You love that place. And Eleanor seemed to be having fun."