Zouis (side Niam) - Miscommunication

This will end up being broken into a couple parts. More to come!

There he was. Walking down the hallway like he owned the place. Quiff standing tall, scruff on at least day three, black jeans tight over his slim hips and low enough to see a sliver of tan skin when he raised his arm for a high five from a friend.

Zayn Malik. God among men. Perfection in human form. Louis' only vice.

Louis stared blatantly as he passed with his small, loyal group of friends. Zayn must have felt someone watching a little too intently because his eyes fell on Louis' fluffy fringe and blushing cheeks. He lifted a corner of his lips into a half smile before joining back into the apparently hilarious conversation his friends had started. Louis didn't realize he wasn't breathing until Zayn was ten feet down the hall and the early bell rang loud, making Louis jump. He collected his books up and headed for his first class.

***

"Hey," someone whispered behind Louis. "Hey, Louis, right?"

Louis turned around in his chair. "I'm sorry?"

"Louis, right?"

"Yes?" he said like he wasn't sure that was the name he'd had since the day he was born. Louis recognized the guy as one of Zayn's friends. He'd never talked to him before today and he wasn't sure what the kid could possibly want with him. Probably needed to copy his homework or something.

"Cool. So, I have a question."

"Excuse me, Mr. Carson. Do you have something to share with the class?"

The kid's head popped up and he smiled brightly. "No thanks, Ms. Mars." The teacher scoffed and turned back to the projector. The boy leaned closer over his desk to Louis. "So anyway. I have a question."

"Yes?"

"Are you gay?"

Louis' mouth went slack. He'd never been asked out right before. He knew that anyone that took two minutes to get to know him could tell he was a twink, but no one had felt the need to hear Louis actually say it.

"Why?"

"Just wondering."

Louis gave a skeptical once over of the boy and nodded. He smiled and nodded in response, sitting back in his chair. Louis slowly turned back to the teacher's lesson.

Weirdest day ever so far.

***

"Why does he care?" Niall asked from across the table at lunch.

"I don't know. Hopefully it's not so he can start something. Everyone's been so cool about me being gay. I don't want to start getting hate my last year, you know?"

"Yeah, but everyone pretty much knows. I feel like if they wanted trouble they would've caused it by now."

Louis bit his lip in consideration. "Yeah, I guess. Then I don't know what he wanted."

"I guess we'll see," Niall said and nodded his head to something over Louis' shoulder.

Louis turned around to see Zayn and the kid that talked to him earlier walking over to him and Niall. Zayn smiled at Niall quickly then sat next to Louis, one leg on either side of the bench, so he was facing Louis, and tipped his chin towards him in greeting. Louis swallowed around the giant lump of please fuck me that just appeared in his throat.

"Louis," Zayn purred his name like it was water on hot day.

"Hey, Zayn," Louis choked out. Calm the fuck down, Tommo!