Chapter 7

“Do you need something?”
I asked, keeping my notebook in my backpack.

“Where is Taylor?”

“In the bathroom.” I indicated the bathroom door with my head.

She sighed and bent down, sitting on the side of the bedroom door, I closed my eyes and stayed like that for a few seconds, until she took something out of her pocket.

“Are you going to smoke here?” I asked a little annoyed.

“Yes.” she said, lighting her cigar.

“Taylor is not gonna like that.” I informed her, holding my breath so I don't have to feel the smell.

“I don't like her presence either and yet I have to live with her every day.“ Lauren said and shrugged her shoulders
“she is not gonna die.”

“No, she is going to kill you. I said” coughing when I felt that smell.

Lauren shook her head, keeping quiet, her cigarette between her fingers.

I turned my gaze away, and the next moment Taylor came out of the bathroom, her bodg only wrapped in a towel.

“Shit, I forgot to take my clothes to the bathroom.” she complained and noticed that Lauren was there.

“What are you doing here, idiot?”she faced her, not feeling uncomfortable by the fact that she is wraped in a towel.
She took a deep breath and ended up feeling the smell of cigarettes

“Get out of here with that crap.” she said through clenched teeth. Lauren didn't make move “Are you deaf?”

She went to her and took the cigarette from her fingers, turning it off on the carpet.

“What's your problem?” She said getting up annoyed.

“I'm wondering the same. Get out of here!”

“I wanted to know if you took me to my room yesterday.” she gave her a cold look.

“No, it wasn't up to me to be on the street.” she answered, pushing her out
“now go , and close the door.”

“I can't stand her anymore.” she said and collapsed, sitting on the floor leaning against the door.

“Things are gonna get better, you'll see it”. I told her, sitting next to her “sometime she will have to wake up.”

“The problem is that she is taking a long time.” she breathed deeply, trying to contain her tears.

Then she got up, on her way to get dressed,
I sighed, shaking my head.

“You know you can count on me.” I sat on the bed next to her, when she was already dressed “for everything.”

“It's very good to have you here.” she looked at me “it's good to be able to lean on someone 24 hours a day.” she smiled “they made the best choice to send you here, I needed a sister.”

I finished with my eyes full of tears, then I hugged her, trying to give her some strength.

“It was not a coincidence that they sent me here” I let go of the hug “things like that are not coincidence.”

She nodded, drying the tears that escaped in the embrace and smiled.

“Leave the drama.” she said getting up
“then you are going to tell all the people there in Mexico that I am a crybaby.”

“Ah, I probably will tell them.” I teased,
“how did you find me?”

She hit me with the pillow, laughing.

“Boba.” she stuck out his tongue.

“Llorona.” I said and laughed too.

After that moment of excitement, we went to the living room, Taylor complained that she was hungry. For her luck, lunch was already prepared.

-

In the afternoon a friend of Taylor would arrive after a trip and they would make her a welcome party, although she wanted to take me, I preferred not to go.
It's something very personal, about her and her friends.

I stayed in the room, surfing the internet, when I heard steps that came to where I was.

“I thought you went with Taylor.” she said, sitting next to me.

“I didn't” I said simply, in the same way she has spoken to me.

Lauren was silent, I felt uncomfortable with the situation, I couldn't continue in my notebook with her sitting there, although she wasn't going to understand anything that I wrote, since it was in Spanish.

“Do you want to watch TV? ”I asked, only to spend spit, in the end if she wanted to
I would have already done it.

“No.” she looked at me.

“It's okay then”. I nodded once, then I closed my notebook and put it aside, and got up.

It then she grabbed my arm.

“Why are you so afraid that I'll do something to you, to the point of not being able to stay two minutes by my side without running away?” she raised her eyebrow, looking at me.

“I'm not afraid.” I answered firmly.
“Only after yesterday, in the park, I don't know if I want to be near you.” I said sincerely “You didn't want to walk with me on the path. ” I accused her “then, why would I stay here? You have never treated me well.” I said looking at her
“Do you have bipolar problems?”

“Fucking hell” Lauren said.

Then she pushed me back to the sofa, I ended up falling on her lap, Lauren was quick and put her arms on my waist, preventing me from falling.

“Thank you.” I answered, already getting up.

She nodded, I think she was
as scared as I was.

Then she got up, passed by me and ran to her room, leaving me with the most confused face, I sat down again and closed my eyes, resting my head on the sofa.

In less than ten minutes later I heard sounds of some keys, I opened my eyes and saw Lauren with a coat, about to leave.

“Will you come back early?” I asked, she stopped her hand in the lock of the door... “I just want to tell your mom so she won't worry ”

“I don't know.” She said opening the door.

“And then you pretend that you don't understand why I don't stay long by your side.” I said and shooked my head.

She ignored me and just got out, closing the door loudly, as if she could ignore what I said.