Chapter 130

Lauren's POV

The faith that she put in me, the hope, the assurance that she was going to cure me makes me feel the worst person.

Copying one of Camila's phrases again, I asked for the same thing that she did a few months ago. That will comfort me.

"I need you here, I need to see your eyes and be sure everything will be fine."

I took a deep breath and decided to read what was written on the page where the photograph was. For what? The tears returned with everything, only with one sentence.

"Thanks for being a warrior, for being strong."

The following sentence showed me that now I lost everything, I lost the only reason why I could fight again against drugs.

"When we want something we can achieve it, it is enough to have someone who believes in us, who supports us."

Then, as if by magic, the memories were dim and a black cloud was placed over them. Painful phrases, of wounds, of anger, returned.

"I thought you could change, that you wanted to do it for us..."

I closed my eyes tightly, wanting to move my thoughts away. However, they only became clearer.

"I am not able to live with a disappointment like you."

A disappointment is what I am for Camila now. That's what I am for myself.

Camila's POV

The trip to Mexico was long, I had time to think about things that, really, I didn't want. Tears came and went. Constantly. The movie didn't have my attention anymore. When I arrived, I was sure that, now, it's over. I took a deep breath, took my bag and got off the plane.

The hot air touched my face, completely different from Miami's. I felt a strange sensation, feeling lost, as if this was not my place. Until I saw my family.

Crying was inevitable when I hugged my mom, all the repressed longing returned, feeling her maternal perfume calmed me down.

The same thing happened with my dad. With my sister who was bigger, and with Marielle and Sandra.

“You painted your hair” I accused Sandra, drying her tears as I watched her.

“Only five times” Marielle mocked, laughing “my God, look at you, Camila, you look like a model” she held my hands “with those elegant clothes.”

“Go check your eyes...” I teased, laughing.

“My love, you are beautiful” Sinu said and hugged me again “we want to know all the details of the trip.”

“Kaki, did you bring me my doll?” Sofi he asked, approaching me.

“I'm sure I brought you, but I want my kiss before” she gave me, I smiled “when we arrive at home kaki will give it to you, is it okay?” she nodded, smiling.

When I arrived at the apartment there were more surprises, several relatives were there, with a cake and a welcome sign.

I told everyone about the trip, I showed photos, I distributed gifts. I saw people. Their house. That place.

And it seemed I couldn't fit in, speaking in Spanish again was a challenge, the words came in English to my mind, I needed to translate them before letting them out.

My head looked like it was going to explode at any moment. And my eyes kept looking for people who are now far away.

Lauren's POV

The sun reflected in the window and illuminated the room.

According to the calendar, it had been a week since I was there. And two since Camila left.

I remember Bianca saying that it was hard for her to believe that I hospitalized myself again. And she was responding with more enthusiasm to the treatment.

The reason? Camila's words had left me many nights without sleep. At home I left only a note before returning to the center, obviously my parents called to find out if it was true.

The psychological help was very useful because I needed to vent.

The needles didn't hurt me anymore, I'm in a state where I don't feel anything, the pain of losing Camila leaves no room for anyone else.

I looked outside and saw Bianca getting out of a car. Accompanied. A blond guy with long hair accompanied her to the door, where he exchanged a quick kiss with her.
I smiled, I didn't she had a boyfriend.

Who would say that I would like to stay here? Strong medications don't keep me awake for long, blocking my thoughts and not letting them hammer for long.

Christmas was already coming, I'll be able to go home, but then I'll have to come back here. I can't complain.

“How is my cutest patient?” she laughef, entering.

“Feels betrayed” I said and crossed my arms “why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?”

“You never asked” she said and shrugged, leaving her usual tray.

“You don't have kids, do you?” I raised an eyebrow, she began to laugh.

“No, just a boyfriend” she approached me “do to want to stay here today? or will you go back to bed?”

“I will stay here” she nodded, carefully placing the needles in my arm.

Then in a matter of seconds my eyes weighed...