Chapter 101

Lauren's POV

Ok, the idea of ​​the romantic movie was terrible I don't know where I got it, because honestly, more water with sugar than that video isn't there.

Camila, in turn, was on the television passing me the message of if you open your mouth before the movie ends you will throw out the window. So I kept quiet. But it served to distract her and that's what counts. At times I caressed her arm or her hair, it had been a while since I had her so close, only felt the heat that emanates from her body I felt strangely complete.

I was almost falling asleep when the movie ended, Camila ran her hands over her face, in order to clean the tears that I saw going down for an hour and a half, then she turned towards me, looking at me. Her hands came to my face and she touched delicately the two circles that had formed under my eyes, her face puckered and I knew that she had discovered what happened.

“Where have you been all these days?” she asked, her voice low, as she analyzed my expression. I sighed.

“You went back to ..?” I nodded before the sentence ended. The impact of my sincerity made her weaken a bit

“I don't have how to keep you at home every time you feel like using those things...” she said in a voice full of caution “why don't you try to seek help?” she said and placed her hand in my hair, squeezing a little “it hurts a lot to see you kill yourself little by little” hr eyes were shining, already invaded by tears.
I pressed my forehead with hers.

Camila's POV

I didn't want to look weak, but my heart took a hit to know that she threw away all those days that she came without trying any of those things. I didn't want to cry, but it was inevitable, I feel incapable, weak because she couldn't get rid of that vice.

Lauren buried her head in my neck, in a mute request for support. I know that she has been trying to stop, but I also know that with her desire to try and my moral support we won't get anywhere. She needs help, urgent, but feels afraid and is very proud to accept it.

“Look at me” I said and held her face between my hands, forcing her to see me “I promise that until I return to Mexico you will be free of that” I said convince “I will move heaven and earth, but you will get over it.”

Lauren paid attention to everything I said, her green eyes had a faint glow, of pain, dissatisfaction with herself.

“This is pathetic” she said finally, my body froze “I came here to calm down and the opposite is happening” she blew out the air, she was holding reassuring myself that she wasn't referring to what I said.

“Technically you came to distract me and you're doing it...” I smiled, sincerely, to change the climate of the place.

“Are you okay?” she asked and took my hand, intertwining our fingers.

“I'm scared. I had a nightmare these days, people threw me tomatoes.” I said and made a pout, while she began to laugh

“What a real dream... I'm kidding you will go super good “she said and touching my nose “and I will be in the front row to applaud your success standing up”

“While you applaud, I'll be back vomiting with nerves” she laughed again.

“You want to rehearse?” she asked, her voice sweet. I nodded.

“Let me bring my script...” I said and got up, going to look for it “oh, my God, where is my script?” I said nervously “I mean, I left it here, I'm sure. How could it have disappeared?”

“Camila...” Lauren called softly but I ignored her

“Shit, I can't have lost it..” I continued looking for it “not a day before the presentation” I looked in the drawers
“I'm forgetting my speech, I need my script”

“Camila...” Lauren called, again

“Shit, I'm irresponsible but I'm sure I left it...” I turned around, seeing Lauren, slowly shaking my script “of course, there...”
I closed the phrase slowly, looking at her
“Why didn't you tell me you found it?”
I ask and went to her, taking it by her hand

“I was trying to tell you, but you looked like a parrot, you didn't shut up” she scoffed.

I looked at her again and for the first time in the night so I stopped to analyze her.
I couldn't stop realizing that now, seeing her so close after so long, she seems more beautiful than I remember.
Lauren realized that i was in another world, she stood up and wrapped my body in her arms.

“What are you thinking?” she asked, looking at me affectionately.

“I was just looking at you” I answered, softly

“Looking at me, why?” she asked and raised an eyebrow.

“I like to do..” I said and smiled
“I like your eyes, your smile, your perfume, I like to be in your arms and feel unique when you kiss me, even if you don't.”

“You have no idea how you are wrong in your last sentence” she said and shook her head.

“Lauren, since I arrived you should have taken more than half of Miami to bed.”
I confessed that with a few jealousy

“Well there's a difference between you and them, none of those people made me feel what you do” she answered categorically.

“I think it's the tenth time I've told you this” she rolled her eyes “will it be that I am speaking another language?” she
then stopped and began to laugh.

“What do you mean?” I asked and looked at her, not understanding

“Technically yes, I'm speaking another language. You want me to tell you this in Spanish so you can understand me?” she mocked, and I hit her lightly... “you're jealous”

“Just a little jealous....”

She let a smile sprout from the side of her lips, then she pulled me closer, I stretched a little to be the same size.