Chapter 109

Camila's POV

“How you feel?” I asked, my voice as calm as possible.

“How do you feel?” she returned the question.

I sighed and got up, so I could talk to her head on.

“How do you think I feel?” my heart tightened as I spoke like that, even more so when her eyes are so full of pain.

“I...” she murmured, not knowing what to say “I am sorry” she whisper.

“You should apologize to yourself.” I said patiently “when your conscience forgives you, everything will be fine.”

She finished down and approached in slow steps.

“You have no idea how that hurt...” she said in a weak voice.

“I believe in you.” I said sincerely
“Now can you answer me something?” I asked amd she nodded “What did he give you yesterday? Why did you throw everything away again?”

“I don't know how to explain to you” she shook her head “until recently her discovered that I haven't used drugs..” she said and shrugged “I just don't remember.”

“And what do you intend to do now?”
I asked, still calm “because I'm not going to stay here watching you dying ”

I ended up talking, with my eyes full of tears and my heart in crumbs. When I was going to go through it, Lauren took me into her arms, embracing me in a hug, which served to make the tears roll.

Lauren's POV

A whirlwind of feelings hit me when she finished talking. The pain in her voice, the opaque eyes, without reaction, without life and the hard words full of pain made me unable to resist the impulse to embrace her. Although I know that won't change anything.

I know she's crying and that's why I don't have the courage to let her go and see her wrong with this. Because of me. And the worst thing is that nothing he says can comfort her now.

Some time later Camila walked away from me, her eyes swollen from crying, coffee mixed with red. She brought her hand to her face and dried what she could.

“I promise you...” I started saying but she interrupted me.

“Do not finish the sentence” she said

“If you have any consideration, do not promise me anything else” she said seriously “just do it. Do it for your parents, for your brothers, do it for Drew...” she said “do it for you.”

I nodded slowly, letting her out of the room, at the exact moment my mom arrived.

“ ”How are you daughter?“ ” he asked, touching my face.

“Very...” I answered, seeing the stairs that Camila hae just went up “very bad.”

Camila's POV

I sat on the bed feeling like I had a piano on my head, my whole body was tense and heavy. I threw myself backwards, letting my back hit the soft mattress, closed my eyes and waited for the world to make some sense again.

Everything that is happening here is a lot for me, the lack of my family is coming more often, the agony of seeing Lauren end her life and not being able to start what is doing her wrong is about to leave me crazy and still To make matters worse, there is damn love.

The desire to be with someone who often does nothing to show me that at least he feels some consideration for me. And there is still all the distance that will separate us.

And all I wanted was to make a quiet exchange, meet people, learn new things ...

I heard two knocks at the door, sat down and saw Taylor standing there.

“Why do you hit?” I asked “the room is yours” I smiled.

“And yours too.” I cmpleted “U thought maybe you wanted to be alone, that's why I hit before.”

“Don't be stupid, it happens.” I smiled, she did, sitting next to me.

“Do you want to go to the movies with me and Drew?” she asked

“And stay watching you !?” I said and shook my head “no, thanks.” I said smiling.

“You won't be watching us” she rolled her eyes “I will let you sit between us two.”

“I don't want to look bad. I thought that, maybe, it would be good for you to entertain you a little...”

“I promise I'll be fine” I said and smiled “Go there and eat lots of popcorn for me.”

She nodded, a little worried, but ended up smiling.

Lauren's POV

I wasn't really liking the direction the conversation I was holding with my parents taking. Things started mild, innocent I could say, but they were increasing the portion greatly and something in their eyes was screaming danger in my mind.

“And we are really worried about you” Michael said his speech came and went, but always came to that phrase “what do you think will be the best to solve this situation?” I shrugged, not knowing what to answer “ that's why we made a decision for you...” he looked me, firmily “believe me, daughter, this will hurt us all, but things are difficult, you know that...” my stomach turned around “so we'll have to go inside...” he said at last

I jumped from the couch.

“You are going to WHAT?” I shouted at the end of the sentence “are you going crazy?” I asked and looked from my dad to my mom, who saw the ground “I don't want to be interned!”

“Nobody is asking you anything here” he said and got up “we are communicating”

“You can't do this to me” I said and shook my head  “is inhuman.”

“Excuse me, but if it's inhuman to save my daughter, then I will be” he said and I shook my head, a wry smile on my lips
“I'm not going to watch as my daughter kills herself in front of my eyes and do nothing...”he said seriously.

“I would rather die than stay in a rehabilitation clinic” I spat the words. Hitting the door when leaving home.