Chapter 74

Camila's POV

Not even in my most perfect dreams I imaginee having a day like this with Lauren.

It was simply amazing how she described the landscapes or lent herself to take pictures when she asked. She treated me with so much affection and explained me everything with patience, she showed me a good part of Miami, which is simply charming and fashionable.

And it's not that I'm being cliché when I say that she left the best for last.
My eyes shone when I saw a wonderful amusement park approaching, Lauren parked a little way away, took me by the hand and we went walking there.

I discovered the reason when I saw the ‘corridor’ of some illuminated trees that took us to the place. The lights shone on the branches of the trees, forming a true feast for the eyes, which led us to the most incredible giant wheel that my eyes have seen.

It wasn't the London Eye, but it really made me remember it. Totally illuminated and showing its beauty, it left no doubt as to why it was so full. Lauren knew that she didn't need to say anything about her.

We stayed in line for a while, until we managed to get into it. My lips parted as my eyes shone to see how the city looked increasingly smaller when we reached the top, Lauren hugged me sideways, looking at the same place as me.

“This is..” I tried several times in a row to say something but I haven't found words to describe it

“Indescribable, I know.” she said tenderly

“I can't believe I'm here, that I'm here... with you.”I said, my voice full of emotion.

“Do you want to take a picture?” she asked, and I denied

“No photograph can represent the beauty of this place” I said sincerely “everyone must come and see it... live.”

Lauren agreed, I leaned against her while I took the ride, I knew that she understood and respected my dazzling moment.

Then our walk ended, I looked at Lauren out of the corner of my eye when we were already inside the car and bit my lower lip, apprehensive.

“What happened?” she asked, noticing my gaze

“I was just thinking nonsense.” I said and  shooked my head, slightly, shooing the thoughts

“What kind of nonsense?” she asked in a voice laden with malice.

“It's nothing you should worry about...”
I reported, quickly “I was just wondering how long this will last?”

“This what?” she looked at me quickly

“This...” I said and made gestures with my hands, looking for words “us two in peace”

“You want to know when I'll do another stupidity and throw everything away right?” she affirmed to herself

“It's not that, I...” I tried, but she interrupted me, parking the car.
“I don't understand why... - ”

“Don't feel bad, I know I always ruin everything.” she turned to look at me

“I stopped here because I know it will be difficult to say what I want at home.” she explained

“I want you to know the great effort that I have been doing not to make mistakes, so as not to hurt you.” she said and looked at me

“And how difficult it is for me to be away from my vices...” she admitted, a little shy, “I know I'm addicted” I was left without reaction “and my throat gets to itchy when I'm away from drugs” she said “except when I'm with you” she said and touched my hand

“I don't know why, but near you I try to be the best Lauren I can achieve. I try to be the best person in the world for you and for me” she said andsighed

“Because for years I have been wrong all the time, I have to relearn to be normal”
she made quotes with her fingers to say the word “but the point is that when you're around I don't have time to think about making a mistake. But at other times...” she looked at me “I ...” she shrugged and lowered her head. I felt my eyes wet with her confusion.

“Why don't you look for help?” I asked, my voice low.

L“I don't want to talk about that...” she said, twisting her face, as if in pain.
“I just wanted you to know that I'm really trying to recover.”

I nodded, upset, I wanted to look inside her eyes and unveil all her fears, know what it is that afflicts her so much, why she refuses to seek help, why she chose that path. There are so many questions without answers, so much agony to make her feel good, as much fear as all this can end....
How she can end.

I decided to keep my doubts, I don't want to ruin this perfect day, I think I have that right. Lauren had already returned to drive and in a short time we were home again.

I got out of the car and waited for her to do the same, took a look at the time and when she made sure no one was in the room, she took me by the waist, colliding our bodies, in seconds she took her mouth to mine making me feel like I'm in the clouds.

I wrapped my arms around her neck, trying to remember how to stand. Our lips moved in synchronization, I felt my whole body melting as I felt her press my waist and give me the support to keep from falling.

I almost cursed her when she closed the kiss and walked away.

“I know, little one” she said touched my chin, seeing my expression. “I don't want to finish the kiss either” she ran her finger lightly down my cheek. “But we have to go in, it's cold and I don't want you to get sick later”

I nodded, even though I didn't care about ending up sick.

“Go in first and I'll go later” she indicated the door with her head. “Sleep well” she kissed my forehead softly.

“You too” I said and smiled, getting in

“Camila...” she called, and I turned around.

“Please, don't shake him so much, it's hard for me to have to see you and not be able to him...” she said about my ass, amd I placed my hands over my mouth trying not to shout at her and got in the house.

-
Hii people, thanks for 16k reads
I hope y'all really like this story:)

We are at chapter 74 which means there are 61 nore chapters left until the end of this book...

Thanks again it means a lot, enjoy🌙

-S