Chapter 75

Camila's POV

The next day I fought with myself to get up from the bed, I decided not to go to the classes I have today. I rubbed my eyes lazily, stretched my arms to reach a paper, which until then I hadn't seen before, but it feel went to the floor.

I took it, a little dizzy from the fact that I was still a little asleep, so I forced my eyes to read.

You had already conquered me since the first ‘hello’

-L

I smiled alone, jumped out of bed, pulled away the cover that covered me, did my morning hygiene, I changed and went to find Lauren. I knocked the door one..two.. three times at her door. Silence.

I opened it slowly, and peeked.
I found the bed untidy, clothes everywhere and no sign of her. I also noticed a closeup that was certainly not here before.

I looked to all sides and went in, to see more closely. My lips parted with the surprise that I had when I saw the photo it contained. Before asking how she could draw that photo, since we took it yesterday on Collins Avenue and unfortunately I had removed the shirt she had given me, to be better dressed for the occasion, I noticed my notebook open on her bed.

I shook my head, thinking about what time she got up to reveal the photograph, put it in her room and go out again.

Lauren's POV

I was arriving at my room when I noticed that there was someone inside, I peeked through the side of the door and saw Camila with the photo that I revealed early in her hands. I shook my head and went in, taking her by surprise.

“Very nice, you only come to my room when I'm not here...” I teased, my arms crossed

“I...” she bit her lower lip, nervous
“it happened” she said not knowing what to say she shook her head.

“So, you're the one who took my notebook without permission?” she placed her hands on her waist, diverting the subject.

“If I didn't look for the photographs that you force me to take, I wouldn't spend them either” I accused her, sitting in bed “so I had to take them on my own.” I shrugged.

“I thought you didn't want them” she admitted, still standing.

“A day will come when the photos will be the only proof you have that you were really here, and that everything really was real...” I said and sighed, looking at my hands.

I felt the bed sink a little, when she sat down. She placed her hand over mine, making me look at it.

“And that note?” she asked in a low voice, changing the subject she was talking about. She showed me the paper that I left earlier in her room.

“It was only a small surprise...” I said a little shy, something that is difficult to pass.

“Somehow you had to know that I always found you beautiful...” I said and placed my hand over hers “although I treated you with indifference when you arrived...” I confessed “in the kitchen, that morning, with Taylor, when I first saw you” I said and remembered

“I ...” she thought a few seconds if she should speak or not “you also seemed cute when I saw you..” she said slightly red

“And you still find me cute?”I asked, looking into her eyes.

Camila's POV

She looked at me with those intense green eyes, I felt my heart beat without any rhythm, involuntarily I took my hand to her face, caressing it lightly.

I lowered my finger to her lips, contorting them, Lauren closed her eyes, feeling my touch, while I watched her, noticing every little detail of her face, the totally charming strokes.

No doubt she is cute.

“Yes...” I whispered, suddenly. She looked at me

“Yes what?” she asked, her voice soft.

“You're cute. Very cute...” I replied, slightly red. I shook my head and got up

“I better go...” I said and took my notebook and hugged it against my chest

“You came fast, go fast, that's how life is...” she teased

I shook my head, smiling and got out of there before she did anything that would take me longer in that room.