Chapter 81

Camila's POV

Lauren's world where going round and in my mind that night, on the one hand I wanted with all my strength to believe in them, and on the other I was already tired making illusions.

The exchange was to be something unique, an opportunity to learn new things, to meet people, to take advantage of my time in Miami. But on the contrary, all I'm doing is hurting myself.

More than half of my learning time I spent trying to meet Lauren, I spent living for her, practically. I know I'm going to regret not sharing so much when I get to Mexico.

However, against that, there is the fact that I never thought that I would like someone as much as I like the mistress of all my problems. And, in part, that is also something unique. I sighed, defeated, I got up early and went for a walk, to clear myself, I went to the beach, distracted, I looked at the sky and for a few seconds I wanted to be at home.

I wished I had never left it. Tears welled up in my eyes, I sat on a stone and hugged myself, trying to contain the crying that was about to come out. A single time served me to make the decision to leave Lauren in the hands of their parents and think a little in me, at least these last months.

But I knew that this decision was far from being the final one, when I see those green eyes all my plans take another direction, as they say.

On the way back my body froze and I stopped in the middle of the street when I saw the last person I wanted to see.

My hands were sweating, my breathing stopped and I could not force my body to move. As much as a big alert flooded my brain, telling me to run.

He was getting closer, as far as I was going, by instinct. Useless, I know. In two steps he was in front of me.

“What do you want?”  I tried not to show weakness  “it wasn't enough for you what you did to Lauren?” I dared to challenge him

“Hey, doll, calm down.” he tried to touch me, in what I deviated “I need a favor from you” he said and took me by the waist “your little sister has to know that the game is not over yet...” he whispered in my ear, while I was frozen, without strength to do anything.

“She thought that she destroyed our friendship for a little thing like you” he wound my neck, leaving me with disgust.

“Let me go ” I said, in a little fear “enough with that, you avenged, leave her alone.”

“I don't think so, princess” he said and pooked at me. “Lauren must have forgotten that no one is putting up me” he touched my cheek “let's go for a walkd” he took me with him.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked, trying to let go, leaving the tears of fear to fall.

“No questions girl, your voice is tiring me.”
I got into a car that was ahead “no one will be hurt if you cooperate with me.We're just going to have a nice day together, let's see how much woman Lauren is, knowing that I have you in my hands.” he said and  took the cell phone from his pocket and threw it in my lap.

He called someone. I knew who.

Lauren's POV

Damn time when my family decided to spend the day at the zoo, if there is something that irritates me is the irritating sound of the phone and the fact of going to attend.

The odds of her being a distant relative who believes she is important in my life because she changed my diaper billions of years ago are many. I put the phone in my ear, then, I realized that it was not anyone I thought it could be.

“Hi, can I talk to Lauren?” she asked directly, before she had the chance to open her mouth. Her voice was a bit unstable.

“It's me” I answered, sitting on the arm of the sofa.

“Are you okay?” she asked, even in that strange voice “Look, whatever happens, don't fall into it” she said, leaving me confused, then I heard her groan in pain, what seemed like the phone fell.

My body was paralyzed.

“Camila? Tell me are you okay?” I asked, in despairation. The voice that continued certainly wasn't hers.

“Hey ‘ Romeo’ ” Keaton said, the blood boiled in my veins. “I'm sorry, but whoever Julieta is she is me.”

“Keaton, where are you? Why are you with her?” I tried to stay calm, because of the fear I had that she suffered the consequences.

“Walking. Camila is a good company, when her mouth is closed...” he contained

“Your problem is with me, she has nothing to do with it.” I said a little exalted
“let her go and I'll find you.”

“Hm ... you know what it is, you aren't the center of attention, cat” he laughef ironically “and hitting her would be very easy.”

“What do you want with all this?” I said and got up, nervous

“I want you to withdraw the complaint you made against me” he said, his voice firm.

“I'll do it.” I said

“That obedient, very well.”
I closed my hand in a fist
“Even so, you have to learn to stop being a little girl who believes a lot...” he growled

“You were very lucky to survive and still you had the audacity to go and denounce me. It is a pity that who will suffer the consequences is another person.” he said and ended the call.

Trembling, nervous and scared, I let myself fall. For the first time I felt so small. I felt it was nothing.

Great Camila was in Keaton's hands and there's nothing I can do to save her.

My heart tightened and tears began to come out. I was afraid but not for me, for her. I was afraid of what he was going to do. Just thinking about putting a finger on her, and I panic.

Now, more than ever, I am completely sure that I would give my life to prevent him from hurting her.

--