Chapter 41

Camila's POV

Just because I caused a huge problem I felt the need to turn around and go back to the place, but my arm is about to turn red and the fear of going back is also bigger than the desire to challenge Lauren.

I walked with long steps, trying to go ahead of her, my face was flushed with irritation and my fingers still closed, forming a fist.

“Just answer me something, Camila...” she said suddenly, her voice echoing in the empty street, “What the fuck did you have in your head when you decided to follow me? Was it Taylor who sent you, or what?”

“It doesn't matter what I had in my head and Taylor has nothing to do with this.
In case you did not know, she found someone to take care of and take care of her too.” I looked at her for a few seconds

“Now, she is worrying less about what you do or do not do. And you know what?
After what happened tonight, I will too.”
I said and ended our conversation.

We went quietly to the house, I went slowly upstairs so I wouldn't wake up anyone and went straight to the room.

I threw myself on the bed and let the sleep come to heal the wounds of tonight and it take away a bit from my head about what happened.

-

The next morning, I thanked all the saints for being Saturday, I didn't want to have to face a class with my arm in the state that is right now. I sat on the bed, still a little sleepy and ran my finger over my damaged arm.

My mood was lousy and it got worse when I found Lauren in the kitchen, only her.

“Where is your family?” I asked her

She shrugged, I took that as ‘I didn't know’, then I went back to the living room, turned on the television and I watched anything.

Later, Clara, Michael, Taylor and Chris came back, I found out they were in the supermarket, I found very nice the fact that they were all together.

Taylor told me the details of last night and I almost got a blow for saying what I did. She was shocked when she saw my red arm, but I didn't let her go off with Lauren.

As much as she deserved it....

Lauren's POV

The day went slow and boring, I had nothing good to do at home. The night arrived and there was not much hope that my mood would improve.

“ ”Lauren, come here “ ”Clara said

I complained a little and got out of bed, dragging myself to the kitchen, where my mom was standing, next to the table.

“What have I done now?” I askes

“Nothing daughter. Your dad, Tay and I will go to Mariana's 15-year-old party, remember her?” I nodded
“Your brother went to sleep at the house of a friend and since it wasn't necessary to ask you and I know that you will not go to the party, I want you to stay here with Camila.” she said and I sighed

“She's old enough to need a babysitter.” I said

“She is in a strange country, far from her family and I won't allow her to stay alone. Do you have a hard time doing that favor?” she asked

She has no idea how much it costs me.
I muttered an "it's fine" and I went up the moment Camila came down, my mother told her about her decision.

Later, when everyone had left, I started getting ready to leave, after all, yesterday's party and today they left me in the middle. In the mirror I noticed Camila standing at the door, watching me.

“Are you going to leave?” she asked and I didn't answer.

“Lauren, your mom told you to stay with me today..” she said

“Since when did I obey her?” I asked

“You can't leave me here alone, at night...” her voice had a bit of concern

“I can just like that. Imma go now” I said
and walked past her, towards the door

“Why do you always do that? What does it cost you not to leave me alone today?” she asked ans I ignored her, continuing down the stairs.

“Thank you for making what seemed like a dream, a nightmare.” she said in a heavy voice, then disappeared

I took a deep breath, looked back, saw the door of Taylor's room with only an open crack, bit my lower lip and shook my head.

I left home, but when I stepped on the sidewalk, I remembered that I forgot my cell phone.

‘Stupid’ I complained, running back to my room, but when I passed by my sister's room, I heard a low cry.

I closel I spied, to verify that I wasn't going crazy.

I saw Camila with her red face and tears falling hard, I felt my heart tighting, at the sight as it had never happened before.

I got crazy and I felt like I need to take care of her, I got so crazy that I ended up staying here than going anywhere else...

I entered the room, Camila looked towards the door, scared and somehow confused, then lowered her head.

I sighed and went to where she was, I knelt in front of her and touched her chin slightly, making her look at me, so I could see so much magic in her eyes and before she could say anything.

I took her into my arms, caressing her hair and smelling it affectionately. She was crying hard on my shoulder and for a minute or two she tried to pull me away, but I wasn't going to let her let go, not now.

She sobbed and her whole body trembled, then, something that hasn't happened for a long time and I wasn't going to imagine what would happen now, well, it happened.

I cried with her.

Seeing her cry, caused me so much pain and several tears started falling down my face too.

And I have no idea why they did..

-
Hi :)