Chapter 115

Lauren's POV

I swallowed dry. It's difficult to say something like that, although she and I would like it, the distance is great and we can't ignore it.

The tickets are expensive for my parents to pay, even more for the fact that I'm not the only daughter. And it would probably take me a while to get all the money working.

However, before those brown eyes, scared and afraid, I couldn't say no. So I had to spend twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week killing me to get the ticket, I would.

Just to see those eyes again.

“I promise that I will move heaven and earth to come but...” I left it like this, caressing her hand.

“...But?” she asked looking at me.

“Maybe it takes a little longer... perhaps a little more than a little.” I sighed.

“Maybe you can't...” she said and looked at our hands, biting her lips. When she looked at me again the intense brightness of her eyes had died.
“We always knew that it wouldn't be easy..” she was silent for a few seconds

“I will” I started saying and touched her chin, making her look at me “I'll go after you, I promised you that, right?” she nodded “although it may take some time I will go to Mexico.” I said and caressed her cheek “after all, I need to check if I did everything right that night...” I winked, smiling and she did the same

But I knew that the gesture between her eyebrows still showed that she wasn't completely convinced.

The night was long, if I slept half an hour was a lot. The pain in my stomach didn't leave me, I have no idea what awaits me in the rehabilitation center.

However that wouldn't be enough to keep me awake. There is something more clearly,

Camila.

The cause of my struggle to sleep. I didn't want to waste time, I wanted to see her and be able to record as many details as possible, to keep them fresh in my memory in a desperate attempt to endure the time I will be hospitalized.

It dawned, I rubbed my eyes and got up, vigorously so that the girl asleep in my arms wouldn't wake up. I looked around, I saw through the window, I saw the sky.

I sighed.

I felt that they hugged me from behind, I smiled, Camila laid her head on my back, until I turned to her.

“Goodmorning, little one.” I said and kissed her forehead, wrapping my arms around her waist.

“Good morning” she said and smiled, with a sleepy face “are you okay? You seem a bit quiet?”

“More or less...” I said sincerely.
“I'm afraid.” I admitted, finally.

“I'll be with you, okay?” she said and took my face “independent of anything I will be... oh wait a second.”

That said, she got rid of my arms and left the room. She returned a few minutes later.

“Here it is.” she said and sat next to me on the bed “I brought it from Mexico to distribute it among you, but I never gave it to you...” she smiled and she showed me a bracelet, or a ribbon of colors. I don't know.

“I'll tie it on your wrist, so you can take me with you..” she said “ask for three wishes..” she asked.

“I don't have anything to ask for” I said and looked at it “I have everything I need right here.”

Camila's POV

The moment that followed a while later was painful. Much.

Lauren left the suitcase she was holding by the door, then turned to see Taylor, who was holding Chris in her arms and Drew at her side. While her parents watched the scene from afar, her eyes bathed in tears.

“I'm sorry for everything, little one..” she said to her sister, who was already crying.
“You are my greatest treasure, don't forget that” she touched her face, drying her tears. “You know I love you very much.” She nodded and Lauren kissed her forehead, holding the tears.

“Hey buddy, take care of her” she addressed Drew, smiling a little “thanks for everything. I thought I was good, but the reality is that you are” se shrugged and hugged him.

Then she turned to Chris “you're the man in the house with daddy, eh?” she smiled “take care boy” she said and disordered the hair of her brother, who didn't understand what was happening.

Then she saw me.
And she smiled, walking towards where I was.

“I'm not going to say goodbye...” she said firmly, but her voice trembled...
“I can't tell you...” she said and took a deep breath. I did the same.

I want you to take advantage of your last months here and that you have in mind, that no matter where you are, I will be thinking about you. I bit my lips, a knot forming in my throat. 3

She held my face and left a quick kiss on my forehead.

She kept her eyes closed for a while, as if taking courage to continue.

“Of all the fears I have, my biggest is, not seeing you again...” she whispered, looking at me “I can't go on without you..” a little tear came down my face “so, see you later my love...”

And she walked away.

She took her suitcase, took one last look around and followed his parents out.
When I lost the car of sight, I collapsed.

-
I've had the shittiest day and I haven't even slept last night, how are y'all?..
I hope you enjoy this book, there aren't more chapters left 🤘🏽