Chapter 112

Lauren's POV

Girlfriend, a word that always disgusted me, reminds me of commitment, which reminds me of fidelity, which means being committed, that reminds me of support, remembers love, that today reminds me of Camila.

I don't want to call her mine by simple possession, I want her to feel that way.
To feel mine. To say that Camila was my future girlfriend was by impulse, to protect her, Patricia and Carla know how to be cruel when they want and I wasn't going to let them hurt her. The two were left without any reaction to my words and left in the blink of an eye.

“I think they didn't like it..” she murmured, seeing me.

“They don't like themselves...” I said and shrugged, taking her close again.
“I don't want you to feel trapped in the presence of my...” I thought a moment
“hm... friends” I left it like this.

She nodded, I left a kiss on her forehead. “excuse me for having put you on as my girlfriend”

“No problem” she said ans smiled. “It doesn't matter.”

“I could burn your image” I answered, joking “ girlfriend of a ‘girl’, girlfriend of a drug addict.”

“I prefer a wonderful people's girlfriend...” she saw me, smiling “that is struggling to recover.”

Camila's POV

The days flew after that walk, my time in Miami was running out, as well as Lauren's freedom. At night I went alone to clear my mind, the weather was very heavy in the house. Tomorrow they will intern Lauren and I don't have the strength to see her eyes now.

The same wind that shook the trees hit my face, like a light caress. I breathed it. It was a little over three months to go and I feel that I miss this city that received me so well. Keeping in mind that these may be my last hours next to Lauren I went back home as fast as possible. But it wasn't enough. The clock read eleven o'clock and she had already gone to sleep.

Clara and Michael were sitting in the living room, probably not paying attention to the news. I gave them a weak smile and received others back.

I went up feeling defeated.

“Come here” Taylor said and opened her arms, when I entered the room. I hugged her “my sister will be fine now” she guaranteed, when we walked away.
I nodded “could you say goodbye?” I shook my head no, a knot forming in my throat. “She left you a letter..” she informed me, taking a sheet of paper that was on top of the dresser and then handed it to me
“I'll leave you alone to read it.”

That said she left the room, closing the door. I sat on the bed and watched the sheet in my hands. I sighed, before finally deciding to read it.