Chapter 114

Camila's POV

With shaking hands and face flooded with an absurd amount of tears, I could hardly react. Different feelings surfaced together, every little letter written on the letter cut my heart, the pain that she put into it, the story she entrusted to me, the fears, the crises, the why's ... she let go of everything, she shared with me what more important than she had, her biggest secret.

Not a million beautiful words can have a meaning as special as the one she had when she trusted me to tell her story.
My self-control traveled to space, along with my emotional state.

I had no idea what she was going through, what suffering it was for her, how she really felt. Lauren always maintained a strong stance, determined and intimidating, but now that she let her guard down, I can say that I knew the most charming side she can have.

The more human side.

When Taylor returned my whole body trembled and cried high, unable to contain me, she hugged me and remained silent, knowing that what I need least now are words. I just need to get all the nervousness and emotion that your letter brought me.

I lay down, cuddled up, hugging a rag doll that, according to Taylor, always helps her feel better when she's sad about something. I closed my eyes, feeling them hot and heavy, on account of the crying. Shortly after I was scared to feel someone touching my arm.

Until I found that pair of green eyes perched on my face, in a tender way that warmed every part of my heart.

It took me almost five minutes to realize that it had been a dream.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep, but I know that when I regained consciousness there was no one there. I threw away the sheets and decided to go and look for her.

I went on tiptoe to her room, Lauren was on the opposite side of me, I think she heard some noise, because she turned around quickly, a little scared. Then I saw her eyes.

Different from my dream, the beautiful green of them was full of tears, the outline of her swollen eyes, claiming that for some time she didn't stop crying.

I felt small near the scene.

Without waiting for an invitation, or a permit, I lay down beside her being quickly accepted into her arms. She cried like never before I saw her do it, the tears fell painfully, her breathing was heavy and her whole body trembled with the discharge of emotions.

And I couldn't do anything but mourn with her, although I was a little more controlled. I stroked her hair, distributing some kisses on it, with the desperation to take away all that suffering. She wanted me to take her away from all the evil that afflicts her.

“Everything will be fine..” I whispered.
“Don't cry anymore, please” I asked
“It kills me to see you like that...”

She tightened my arms around my body, kissed her face, several times, removing some tears.

I didn't have the courage to see her eyes again.

Lauren's POV

Her perfume was almost a painkiller, holding her in my arms helped me to try to hold back tears, although I was partly suffocated by the pain of knowing that I will have to let go.

I don't know for how long.

“Stop crying...” she asked, again, leaning on me and running her little fingers over my face “please?” she said tenderly, getting closer, she insisted, brushing her lips on mine.

I did the same with hers, accompanying her, then I captured her mouth, wrapping her in a kiss that, today, was more than necessary.

Her lips danced next to mine, our heads moved slowly, while our tongues explored.
I kissed her with a lack that I felt in advance, I kissed her as much as I could to have her taste next to me, I kissed her as if my life depended on that.