Chapter 123

Camila's POV

“I don't know how to sing, but I'm going to try hard” she said and I took the sheet covering my body, while she sat on the bed.

She cleaned her throat and began to run her fingers through the strings of the guitar. Until she began to sing

“I'm not perfect person, there's many things I wish I didn't do but I continue learning...

I let my lips part open, hearing his hoarse voice sound in the air, with a song composed by her

I never meant to do those things to you, and so, I have to say before I go, that I just want you to know...”

she raised her eyes, looking at me

“I 've found out a reason for me, to change who I used to be...”

she smiled, a little red at her look

A reason to start over new,
and the reason is you.”

At the end of the song her voice was fading, her eyes filled with tears, as well as mine.

Now I am completely sure that she is as aware as I am that in less than 48 hours everything will be over. And that we can't be the one without the other.

Lauren's POV

I looked away from Camila, I still don't get used to let people see me fragile.

I blinked several times to scare away the tears, which seemed to accumulate as the knot in my throat increased.

“You wrote it?” her hoarse voice filled the room and hit me like an arrow, piercing my heart. I don't want her to cry Because I cry too.

“Yes, I had a lot of time to do it” the tone of my voice was supposed to be a joke, but it came out as irony.

“It was very difficult, God only knows how many sheets I wrinkled and threw until I could write something..” I looked up, seeing her so fragile “I needed to tell you this in some way.”

We stayed silent, watching for some time.

“Lauren...” she said

“Yes?” I answered immediately.

“Can you hug me?”

Without saying anything, I took her into my arms, letting her hide her face in my neck.

Her shoulders trembled slightly, indicating that she was crying. I kissed her hair several times, hugging her as if my life depended on that.

“I don't want to be away from you..” she said when she moved away, revealing her wet face.

“I don't want to be away from you either”
I ran my fingers over her face, in the instinct to dry it “let's solve that”

“And during all this time we haven't solved it yet?” she asked in the middle of the crying.

“I...” I looked at her, then I sighed
“I don't know” I said finally.

I brought her back to me, cradling her in my arms, slowly she calmed down, until she fell asleep.

I watched her sleeping in my lap for a long time, until I laid her on the bed, covering her. Then I went to bed with her and spent a good part of the night waking up.

Thinking.

Camila's POV

The sun hit my eyes with an indescribable force, clarity offended me. It was never a person to get up so early, here I started doing it, because of Taylor and her walks.

I noticed that the space was very wide, realizing that Lauren had already risen.

And I was not anywhere I could see her. I got up and dressed, and then I found a rose next to the bed next to a note.

I dream that you will be with me, and that you will never leave, I will stop breathing if can't see you anymore.

Lauren.

I smiled involuntarily, taking the note to my lips, giving it a kiss. I took a piece of paper and wrote an answer, leaving it on her pillow, on the bed she just put together.

It was then that the door opened and I quickly took the note, putting it in the pocket of my shorts. I just want you to read it when you're alone.

“Good morning” she smiled, walking to where I was and taking my waist, sealed my lips “I thought about bringing coffee to bed, but that is very repeated, so I had a better idea.”

“And what would that idea be?” I said and put my hands on her shoulders.

“You'll find out” she pressed my nose, slightly  “but how stupid I am” she complained.

“What was it?” I asked without understanding.

“I missed seeing you wake up” she said sadly “You're cute when you sleep”

“Liar.” I said and hit her lightly, laughing.

And for the second time, we looked like a marriaged couple, for real.