She Just Left

The next morning Comanche woke up to the sound of whispers and laughter. He smiled figuring that Jada was talking to one of the nurses. But, when he opened his eyes he saw five of his bike brothers there and no Jada. Comanche thought to himself, maybe she was in the bathroom or went to get something to eat, he would just greet his bike brothers and wait for her return.

 "Hi, Trigg, Charlie Blue, what's up Chino, what's up Edge, what's up Lucifer?" 

He called all of his brothers by their nicknames. In a motorcycle club, you received a nickname when you join also known as a riding name. This is what you're called in public and private like his name was Comanche, but he'd been called that since he was little, and once his brothers found out what it meant it stuck.

"Hey there son, I see you're awake and alive. I thought you had gone and killed yourself once and for all I'm glad I was wrong." 

Comanche laughed. 

"Now Charlie, you know your boy isn't going to kill himself unless you're there to watch and say good job." 

Trig patted Charlie Blue on the back and grinned. Charlie Blue was the vice president of their club and the closest thing Comanche had to a father figure. Trig was the president of their club and the close runner-up in his life to Charlie Blue. 

"No, not yet I have too much to live for now." 

Trig looked at Charlie then looked back at Comanche, he stroked his big white beard contemplating what Comanche had said and how to respond when Chino piped in.

 "Hey Comanche, Jada asked me to give this to you when you woke up. She made us all promise not to wake you, said you had to get a lot of test and blood work last night so you didn't get any sleep." 

Chino passed Comanche an envelope, he was disappointed that he had to wake up to a letter and not Jada herself.