Jada's Letter

When his brothers left, he finally pulled out Jada's note and read it. He was disappointed that she wasn't at least there when he woke up. He looked at the envelope, and saw his name scrawled on the front, he opened it carefully and Jada's perfume filled his nostrils. It took his mind back to when she was with him and he could touch her and feel her hair under his hand. 

"Dear Comanche, I'm sorry that I couldn't be there when you woke up, but I needed to pick up my children. It was nice to meet you and your friends, I hope you get well soon. Love Jada."

 Comanche put the letter back into the envelope and held it to his nose, hoping that the smell of her would bring her back. He knew that it wouldn't, but it was a beautiful thought even for a moment.

***

It had been weeks since Comanche had left the hospital. He wanted to contact Jada, but he was nervous that she would reject him. He stalked her on Instagram and he found out about her Facebook page. The minute he found it he friend requested her and was excited to know that as soon as he did, she accepted his request. He kept sitting around with a huge cast on his leg, switching between watching television and looking for a new house to flip. Comanche, had learned house flipping and the real estate market from Charlie Blue. Comanche joined the reapers at age nineteen, and for some reason, he gravitated to Charlie Blue like a moth to a flame. Charlie taught him everything he knew and did his best to be the dad that Comanche had never had.