Live With Me

Comanche looked over at Jada, who looked at him at the same time and smiled at him. His heart softened and he knew what he needed to do. Comanche hugged his brothers as they all left to head back to New York. He wasn't going back until Sunday opting to spend some extra time with Jada and the boys. Comanche walked up behind Jada who was loading the dishwasher and hugged her. Jada paused and leaned her head back into his chest loving the feel of his arms around her. 

"Did you not tell me because you thought I couldn't protect you?" 

Jada's eyes went wide and she turned to look at Comanche then just as quickly she looked at the floor. Comanche saw the truth in her eyes, he was a little hurt but from speaking to Davey he understood Jada's way of thinking. Comanche sat down in one of the kitchen chairs and pulled Jada onto his lap. 

"I want you and the boys to come live with me in New York." 

Jada's head shot up and she opened her mouth to protest. 

"Now before you shoot me down, I've done some research, and New York has more services for autistic kids than Baltimore. So, you will have plenty of resources for Josiah, and this way I can protect all of you." 

Jada was surprised that Comanche had actually done research on autism resources in New York for Josiah.

"I would have to find a new job. Plus, where would we stay? We would have to find a place to live and New York is super expensive, you only have a one-bedroom condo." 

Jada would love to live with Comanche and feel protected and safe, but she had to be practical for herself and her boys. Comanche kissed the top of her forehead. 

"I actually have a four-bedroom brownstone in Brooklyn. I just don't stay there because it's a lot of house for one person, so I stay in my condo it's easier to maintain. Jada was surprised, she didn't know that Comanche owned a place other than his condo.