As Far As Loving You

"I see Jada really makes you smile."

Comanche raked his hand through his long hair. 

"Yeah, we've been seeing each other for almost a year in two months, and I still get excited every time I talk to her."

Charlie Blue tapped his chin, the boy was repeating himself, he had to smile at Comanche and he was sincerely happy for him. This has truly been the longest relationship that Comanche had ever had and he was damn proud of the boy. 

"Has it been that long? It seems like only yesterday we were beating up some man at a party over her and now it's been almost a year. I'm proud of you son." 

Comanche kept smiling then he reached into his vest pocket. 

"I want to ask her to marry me." 

Comanche pulled out a sapphire and diamond ring showing it to Charlie Blue. Charlies' eyes went wide as he looked at the ring nestled in a little black box.

 "I wanted to tell you and show you because, to be honest. I'm damn scared." 

Charlie Blue smiled. 

"Why?" 

Comanche shrugged. 

"She's never seen me really angry, and I've never had kids. What if they don't like me? What if I'm not a good father? You were the closest thing I had to a dad and a damn good dad I might add. But, I don't know if I can follow your example with them, I don't know if I will show them the right things. Plus, what if she doesn't love me the way I love her?" 

Comanche just rambled on until Charlie Blue started laughing. Comanche looked a bit put out that Charlie Blue was laughing at him, his fears were legitimate. 

"Now son didn't you say that every time you went to her house and her boys were there they crawled all over you?"

Comanche nodded. 

"That means they like you. As far as the temper is concerned, if you can learn to keep it under control like you have been doing you should be fine on that front." 

Charlie Blue clapped Comanche on the shoulder. 

"Now, there is no book on how to be the perfect father, hell I don't have any biological kids of my own. With you and Chino I just winged it, you two just seemed to gravitate to me more than anyone else. I don't even know if I was a good father to you guys being as I'm not your biological dad. And as far as a husband goes, that you have to figure out for yourself, just remember the saying 'happy wife, happy life.' And you know Jada will be there to help you out along the way when it comes to those boys. Now as far as loving you."