Opposites.

Cupid x demon! Reader.

(Thanks for the request ~ It helps!)

Random question- do you guys think its been long enough? Should Lockheart finally earn his wings? Or no? Is he fine the way he his? It'd be really funny if he just woke up with a pair and freaked out, not knowing how to use em. XD. Just a thought.

You were tired of your dad yelling at you to finally get a damn mate. He just wanted you out of the house.

You didn't want to date though, couples and loving things made you want to vomit.

Sure you loved your pets, but that was different. Romance was disgusting!

You set your glass down on the bar, finishing your drink, as you looked down at your clenched fist.

"Everything alright hun?" The bartender asked you. "Is it the same thing? Dad being an a**hat?"

You nodded. "Yeah.. Can't he tell that I don't want to date someone!?"

She laughs and tucks a strand of her short hair behind her pair of horns. "I feel ya there. I'm not into the dating thing either. I don't even have a crush, and no one likes me, so I'm happy."

You smile at her, you two were a like, almost like sisters or cousins.

"What's he doing here?" You hear a few customers mumble through hisses.

You turned your head and your heart suddenly felt warm, a buzzed with glee.

The dark bar was lit up in a sunny glow, as a pink clad skeleton monster walked in, by it's body type, it looked male. His hands rest on his hips, his wings were small and glittered in the light of his halo.

It was rare for an angel to come down here, and usually if they did, it wasn't good news.

Or, if they fell from grace.. Well that was another story.

You recognized him from the stories that your mother used to tell you as a kid, he was Cupid, the Angel of love.

You kind of gagged in your mouth, he was all about romance and holding hands and kisses.. Everything you hated.

Why was he here? You asked yourself, just as confused as the other demons were.

Cupid walked up to the bar and tapped his gloved hand on the counter. "Miss? I'm here to pick up a friend of mine."

The bartender nodded and stepped out into the back to get am employee.

Cupid smiled as she left, and he hopped on the bar stool next to you.

You looked over him in the corner of your eye.

He wore a pink t-shirt, with gold at the ends of the sleeves, a satchel around his torso with arrows tied down, a brown bag rest on his hip, who knows what's in it.

He wore brown shorts, with a heart belt, and some white knee high boots, gold around the edges, and hearts on the tips of the boots.

He had a hot pink scarf around his neck, it had the same heart design and tiny wings next to the heart.

He had satin pink gloves that went to his elbows, golden cuffs on each one.

And finally, he had a solid ivory bow tied on his back, it must have went with the arrows.

Needless to say.. He was cute.

He looked as if he never aged, constantly having a sweet baby face. On each of his cheeks were perfect hearts, must have been where his mother had kissed him when he was born.

"You must be y/n, right?" He suddenly asked you, snapping you out of your trance.

"Um.. Yeah? How do you know my name?" You snapped back, crossing your arms.

Cupid smiles, making your heart melt. "Oh, I know everyone's names! But, I also know about you because of the bartender. She talks about you a lot."

You smile back. "Well.. That's nice of her, but that's what friends are for, right? Wait.. Does that mean, that you're in here a lot?"

Cupid nods. "Yeah! Believe it or not! Plus the bartender is my mom, so I visit her a lot."

Your eyes widened. "What?"

The short haired girl came out with another horned skeleton, who was pouting. "Got em cupid, sorry about the wait!"

Cupid smiles back. "It's no trouble at all. Now, come on Lock."

Lock rolls his eyes and stands next to the Angel with his arms crossed.

Now that you looked at them, they looked like twins!? How!? One was a devil! The other an angel!

You turned back to your friend. "You're their mom?"

She sighs. "Yeah.. Its strange isn't it? It's a long story." She bends to hug the boys, they hug her back and kiss her cheeks.

Lock pulls away from the hug and leaves with a huff.

Cupid remains, writing something in a small notebook.

"But, I thought you said that you didn't like/love anyone?"

"I don't. They were sent  from above for me, Cupid makes me smile everyday. While Lockheart warms my heart." She smiles, putting her hands in her pockets.

You were still surprised, normally demons and Angel's hated each other, but seeing how Cupid and her acted.. Made you think other wise.

"I'll go into detail later, see you soon y/n." She smiles and walks out of the bar.

Cupid giggles at your shocked face, then hands you a note before running out and after her.

You looked at the heart shaped note, it was written in Cupid's beautiful cursive hand writing.

We should talk more. You're really sweet, and its funny to see your reactions.

I hope to see you soon, my opposite.

With much love, Cupid von pix.

Your cheeks were dusted pink, and you tucked the note away.

A smile rose on your face. "Maybe I will..  Opposite.." You giggled to yourself.

(Hope you enjoyed! I got bored. And was listening to "The only exception" the whole time.)