10/21

Its one of my besties birthdayyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACY!!!!

Ugh but like I am so sick of seeing historic buildings in Dickinson getting torn down.

The Dickinson Historical Society doesnt need to be worried about raising money to build statues of the founders of Dickinson by the library, meanwhile 2 streets over, one of the LAST historic buildings in Dickinson is being torn down. Now this building was the old administration building, before that it was the High School. My Great Aunt Pauline went there and I'm pretty sure so did my grandpa so this is seriously ridiculous. This is heartbreaking. That the city bought that building just to tear it down. I never really want to leave this town bc its a small town; everybody knows everybody, theres not a lot of traffic; its a typical southern town. But they are tearing down every historical building in this town and nobody does anything about it yet its so heartbreaking. Nobody ever really leaves this town, like there's so many people at my school and I'll mention them and my mom can literally be like "Oh my god thats exactly how that persons mom was in high school." or "Wow he looks exactly like his dad." You can't really go anywhere without bumping into an old friend or almost fighting the guy who bullied you in 8th grade. So just imagine the look on our faces and the pain in our hearts when we drive down the street and see the place my great aunt went to school and where my grandmother worked for who knows how many years, getting torn down because the people who work for the city are cold, heartless, men with no sense on whats historic didnt think it was worth it to keep it.