• life before •

everyone lives their life in their own ways.
some choose to go crazy.
some choose to go with it.
some choose different paths.
some change, and some don't.
it doesn't matter what you choose, as long as it's your choice.

y/n never met her parents. she never knew if she had siblings or not. she never knew what her parents looked like. all she knew is that whenever she gets into a foster care home, the owners always hate her.

it wasn't until she was 10 that she realised she lived a hard life. she just always assumed everyone's parents where strict, everyone's parents hurt their kids, everyone's parents didn't give a damn about their children.

until she met sam.

sam was y/n's best friend -only friend.
sam was also her neighbour.

*flash back*
when y/n was 10, she was moving into her 7th foster home in melbourne.
her 'family' was already mean and bossy.

y/n was taking a box of her stuff inside when she saw a boy next door standing on his front veranda looking at her.
he smiled and came up to y/n.

"hi," he has said, "my name's sam, you're our new neighbour am i right?"

she nodded, "hi, yes i'm y/n." she smiled and fiddled with the box in her hands.

"here, let me take that for you."
he grabbed the box out of y/n's hands and walked in the house with her.
*end of flash back*

and ever since that moment, y/n realised that his family was so good, and she just had bad luck with the family's she's been in.

despite her crap family, y/n and sam have spent ages talking late at night, playing at the beach, singing songs, laughing, smiling, being happy.

sam was the only person in the world who made y/n happy.
he was the only person in the world who new her secrets.
he was the only person in the world that made life easier.
he was the one who kept her alive.

4 years they had been friends.

then things got out of hand, y/n's foster parents had started hurting her.

well, yes, they did already hurt her, but this was getting more extreme by the day.

they'd beat her up if she said something wrong, they'd cut her if she did the wrong thing. etc.

she now had a thousand scars all over her body and she remembers how she got each and everyone.

the ones she had done herself where slowly adding up to the scars her family gave her.

but one night she had had enough, she packed her bags and left.
she stole some money from her 'parents' and headed out the door.

just like that.

no goodbyes.

nothing.

she hopped on a train and went wherever it took her. and drifted off to sleep.

she woke after 2 days in canberra with the sun piercing her eyes.
she got off the train and headed down an alleyway she had found.

she sighed and spent half a year down there.

yep.
half a year.

she got money by singing a cappella.
she had a beautiful voice weather she admitted it or not.

one day a man came up to her and told her that he wanted her to live with him.

y/n was unsure about this and thought it was a bit dodgy.

he told her that there was nothing to worry about and he had been watching her (not in a creepy way) and thought she was very talented and because she was homeless he wanted her to be treated right.

she had not choice so she agreed.
he took her to his house (in Sydney)
and that was that.

she lived alone though.

the man (who's name was owen) actually lived in england, the house she was in was actually his holiday house.

he was rich, yes, but not the rude rich.
he was nice and sent her money every day. and checked on her by sending letters (she didn't have a phone because she new her previous foster parents could track her down and probably kill her).

she appreciated owen a lot.

y/n always wanted to live alone.
she liked being alone.

but then one night, owen had told her that she would be starting school next month.

a/n:
hi! this is my first book/story on here. i hope it's okay...
this chapter is basically just background info and to show you how y/n is.
ruel will be in it soon.
and sorry if this is really dark idk why i made it that way i just did lol.
anyways have a good day/night
ily please vote and comment!