• vultures •

a pile of bushes and thorns stop me from landing badly. but i already know i've broken something.

i hear a shout from the window.

"she's gone! you bastard! you where supposed to keep an eye on her."

i lay as still as i possibly can. i keep my eyes wide open so they think i'm dead.

i see william look out of the window down at me, "now she's dead, she's killed herself anyways, stupid idiot." he puts his head back inside and another man—the guy who gave me food—looks down at my 'dead' body. we love faking are own death.

"we we're meant to kill her. not the other way around." he yells at the man.

williams angry shouts follow out the door and now i can finally get the hell out of here.

i try to sit up expecting a small pain in my back but i almost scream in agony. imagine having four hundred tiny people with huge knifes stabbing you in the back. that's what it felt like.

i close my eyes and whimper softly so no one can hear me.

the sun was hot on my face even though i was freezing everywhere else. i open my eyes and in the sky above, half a dozen vultures flew, there black wings were spread wild, circling, waiting.

yeah no way am i going to let birds eat off my dead body.

my back was in so much pain that it would probably just fall off. my lips were cracked and bleeding. i was dying.

no not today. not now. i have to get back.

i take a breath and try as best as i could to reach a tall strong piece of grass to pull myself up with but my arm would not move.

i look at it and curse, my left forearm, from wrist to elbow, was no longer in a straight line. my arm had twisted into an angle like some flat version of a 'v'. it had been rotated so that my palm faced outwards. the spiked ends of my broken bones threatened to poke through my bare flesh.

i panicked. the pain was so terrible, my eyes gave up and rolled up in my head and i passed out.

but not for long, not long enough.

when i woke up, the pain in my arm, knee, back, neck and head made me nauseous and i threw up all over myself.

"help." i whispered, "please, someone help."

but i knew it was no use, if i yelled louder, william and his thugs would hear me and i'd be as good as gone.
and i'm probably miles away from ruel.

why the heck did i jump out of this window when i was already in a state of not-walking??

well, that was really the only reasonable choice.

"i'm going to die." i whisper to no one.

but i wasn't dead, not yet. but the pain wasn't going to go away anytime soon, i have to get out of here. i have to.

with my good arm, i study my injuries. one eye was covered in blood from a cut on my forehead. my leg was broken or at least twisted beyond its use. something hurt really bad inside my back, somewhere around where my kidneys are. my arm...you, well, you already know that one. my lower lip is numb and oh, my knee, my t-shirt was fully soaked in blood, but not enough, blood still trickled down my leg.

i close my eyes and wish i was now actually dead.

I pass out soon again and come to much later. the sun was going down and the ominous flying shapes flew above me, crossed the setting sun and flew back. the vultures still watched.

a/n: okay, before you say anything, i know vultures are like in america, but australia, but this is my story so they can be from australia too. lmao. anyways i'm really sorry for not updating quick i'm tryinggg but i just never do.
oof hope you liked this chapterrr. please vote if you want to idrm.
so yeah. xx