• freaking tears •

y/n's POV:

i wake at 2 am exactly.
this had been a routine for the past two weeks since Owen had told me i'd be starting school.

why though?
why did i have to go to school?
i'd been homeschooled my whole life.
i've never gone to a school, or have any idea what to expect from it.
and now, in less than two weeks, i'd be starting my first day.
i'll admit it, i'm terrified.

i roll out of bed, put my hair up, chucked on an oversized hoodie and head down stairs.
i open the fridge and searched for something i could eat.
i decide i'm not hungry.

i opened my front door and step outside breathing in the cool morning air.
i put in my airpods (cAusE iM riCh) and find my favourite playlist and press shuffle and listen to the beautiful melody.

i walk down the street slowly kicking a rock until i kicked it too far and it goes on the road.
i sigh and look at the sky.
the moon was out but there was no stars.
maybe because the stars only shine when they want to, today wasn't their day.

walking at 2 in the morning is probably weird to some people.
but i find it relaxing. hardly anyone is around and it's so peaceful seeing the world when everyone is asleep.

i remember walking down the streets late at night with sam.
i'd watch the sunrise before i would sneak back into my house hoping no one would notice.

a tear rolls down my cheek at the thought of him.
sam.
my best friend.
he doesn't even know where i am.
i never told him i was leaving.
it's too late though, it's been to long.
i'll never see him again.

more tears form in my eyes, i let them fall, blurring my vision.
i cross the road and walk towards a park i go to almost everyday. i sit on a bench.

i try to cry till there's no more tears, but they never stop.
all this time i've told myself that i'm strong, i won't show any feelings.

but i can't.
no one can.
because the more you deny what you are feeling, the stronger they get.

i look at a lonely swing, swaying slowly in the soft breeze.
it's too much.
this park reminds me of when sam and i would play for hours and hours in the park pretending to be fairies or pirates or whatever.

we where so young.
we where so innocent.
yet not at the same time.

i leave the park immediately and run away.
i don't know where i'm going but i just run.
i need to get away.
everything reminds me of him.

why. won't. my. freaking. tears. stop.

i slow to a stop to catch my breath and collapse to the ground sobbing.

why am i such a whimp?
ugh.

it was 3am now. i should go home, i should go back to bed.
i didn't realise i was on the road until i see car headlights coming my way.

i squint to see if they would turn the corner, but no, they where heading straight towards me.

i heard the car horn beep at me but i just couldn't get myself to move.
my legs felt like they'd fall off and still, my eyes wouldn't stop cRyiNG.

the car comes closer and closer, i sit there hoping it would hit me but it screeches to a stop.

dang.

the driver opens the door and steps out on the road. it was a youngish boy. i couldn't really make out his features since it was so dark.

"hey!" he yells at me, angry, until he sees the state of me.

oh god, i must look ratchet.

"holy-" he says out of breath, "are you ok?"

i smile at him, with tears falling down.
"yep." i say in the most sarcastic way possible.

he rolls his eyes, "come on, i'll take you back home, if you'd like. your parents must be worried sick."

i looked at the ground, that last sentence hurt somehow.
"i've been taught not to trust strangers. especially not just go in their car."

he sighs, "okay...um...that's a reasonable answer." he runs a hand through his hair, "well, my name's Ruel and i like helping people. there. now i'm not a stranger." he smiles like a dork.

"Well, Ruel" i choke out, my tears had almost stopped, "i'm a stranger to you still."

he folds his arms, squinting his eyes at me, "then tell me who you are."

i puff out a deep sigh, "oof alright, i'm y/n and i hate myself- i... i mean-"

Ruel laughs interrupting me, "you're a funny one, so do you want a ride or no?"

i wipe the last of my tears away finally. "okay." my anxiety was flying around my whole body.

i'm going to die.
i'm going to die.
i'm going to die.

i push the thought out of my head before getting in the passenger seat of Ruels car.

he smiles at me before starting the car.

a/n:
i hope this chapter is better, tell me if you would like me to change the view point, to like second person or third person i don't mind.
please if you want comment and vote.
it would be very appreciated.
love you all!
<3