• finally free •

*time skip like a week or two*

y/n's pov:

it's been a week and a half, i just got told i'm leaving the hospital. i don't know how to feel. i finally get to go home. i finally get to walk around places that aren't just the hospital room.

ruels here collecting my stuff when the doctor comes and does my last few check ups.

she did warn me that the police would come in a day or two to ask me questions about everything.

which i was totally okay with.
well, to be honest, not really.
i was so scared. i haven't even told ruel the full story.

i just wish it never happened so i didn't have to tell it.

"what's on your mind y/n?" ruel smiles as he wraps his long arms around my waist.

"just a bit nervous for when the police come i guess." i lean against him.

"it's gonna be fine y/n. i'll be there if you want, i'll hold your hand and be right by your side."

"thanks."

he gives me a small smile and i look up into his eyes and hug him. his warm arms comforting me while my life slowly picks itself up like a broke puzzle piece.

"okay, let's get you out of here!" ruel says kissing the top of my head.

he grabs my hand and i look at him. i probably wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for him. like i only saved my self cause i wanted to see him. i wanted him to be okay. so if i never met him, i'd be dead. and no one would even know a thing.

what a way to get dark there but i'm so happy i met him. just the last few weeks have been so fun with his goofy self and i love him. i love him so much.

"what are you looking at?" ruel grins nudging me.

"what?" i say as the clueless girl i am.

"you've been staring at me the whole time we've been walking out."

i laugh, "well you're just so hot so like-"

"says you!" he yells. one of the nurses walked past and us gave a weird look.

"shut up ruel!" i whisper/shout.

"what?!" he yells even louder on purpose.

"ruel ohmygosh." i grab his arm and hide my head in it.

he laughs to himself.

"yeah go laugh at yourself ruel." i say smiling into his arm as we walk down the corridor, "you're so funny you should be like a comedian or something."

"wooooow y/n! harsh!" he just laughs and stops walking. he cups my face with his hands and looks me in the eye, "thank you." he simply says.

"for what?"

"for living." he kisses my cheek, "for being beee today. for me."

i hug him and he starts to cry, "ruel-"

"i just don't know what i'd do if you never came back."

he pulls away and i wipe the tears off his face.

"oh ruel, it's okay love. i'm here now so that's good."

he smiles at me and grabs my hand again, "yeah. it is good."

and we start to walk again.
we walk into the waiting room.
and we walk towards the door.
and we walk out.

i breathe in the cool air. it fills my lungs and i could cry. i'm finally free. well, almost. after the police, i'll be free.

i turn around and face the hospital. i look at my reflection and kind of get scared. it was like running into someone you hadn't seen in a long long time—you recognise them, but what you notice is the ways they've changed. they don't match your memory of how they should look. for a second you're thrown off, because your memory of them is them. so when i looked in the reflection of the hospital, i saw a self that didn't match the memory of myself.

"y/n?" ruel asks.

"yeah?" i say still confused about myself.

"you're beautiful. i know you're scared of that girl there, but that's you. and she's beautiful." he points at my reflection looking at my face.

i just roll my eyes. he shakes his head and takes my hand. we walk to his car and he helps me get in.

i still have a foot brace thing on, a sling on my arm, some bandages around in weird spots, but they don't really hurt. my arm and back do throb a little. but other than that i feel fine.

ruel closes the door and starts the engine.

i look out the window and watch the hospital grow further away.

a/n: hey you guys. i just want to say... 20 fricken thousand fricken reads? are you guys nuts? thank you so much! like i don't know how to feel. i never really expected to get like 100 reads. when i got 1k i was so happy and now 20k??? thank you guys so much. this story would be nothing without you. this was you! thank you so much xx new chapter probably sunday so yea