• only her •

more days past. then weeks. even months. it's like i've lost the one thing that had kept me sane. and i have.

i released my second album.
i wanted to wait. i wanted to wait for her. i wanted to wait for her beautiful face to knock on my door and say:
'surprise! it was a joke!'
but she never came. so nate said i should just release it. and i did.
my fans love it.
and in a way, i love it too.

i'm going on tour soon, all around the world. starting with australia. i'll sing to all the people who adore me. and i adore them. i'll sing to the people who've spent there well earned money to buy a ticket. just a ticket to see me. i'll sing to fans who look up to me and are inspired to do things with there lives.
i'll sing to everyone.
everyone except the main person i want to sing to:
y/n.

it's stupid, i know. to worry so much about her. she's long gone.
just the main thing that hurts the most is that i never got to say goodbye.

i don't even know if she's even alive. but i still never got to say goodbye.
or to tell her i loved her.
because i do.
i love her.
so much.

*y/n's pov*

there is no day or night anymore, only the creeks as people walk past the room i'm trapped in. i measure the hours by the man who is feeding me's visits, three times a day to deliver meals i can't keep down. the only thing useful about it is that's how i know how many days pass. it's day 46 but it feels just yesterday that i was with ruel, on the beach, when everything was fine. i mean, it wasn't then, but it certainly isn't now.

i don't really remember much about what happened next,all i know is i'm being dragged out of that cold, dark room, and into a long hallway, which is a win i guess.

the people who are dragging me stop and look at each other. they grunt and decide to pick me up instead. i see a hint of light at the end of the hallway and try to see where it's coming from but the dudes carrying me put a sack over my head. of course.

it seems like i've been carried for years until they finally stop walking.
i've been put in a chair and they are wrapping rope around me.

tying me to the chair? wow. original.

it's like they searched up on google:
'how to kidnap someone.'
step one: break into there house.
step two: knock them out and put them into a car.
step three: chuck them into a secret dark and cold room.
step four: tie them to a chair.
and finally; step five: kill them.

i'm kind of sick of it. just get it over and done with already.

they pull the sack off and a bright light is put into my face.

how extra do they have to be? just kill me already.

"what do you want?" the first thing i've said in weeks. i never said thank you—or anything— to the man who gave me my meals. my voice was croaky. like i was an elderly woman who just quit smoking.

no one said anything, so i laughed.
the situation was not funny at all. but i laughed.
because that's what you do when you live your whole life alone then when finally find someone worth living for you get kidnapped and are shoved into a dark room for over a month.
that's what you do.
you laugh.

* * *

*ruels pov*

it's the day of my first concert in brisbane. i'm super pumped. the thing that's gonna get me through it all is my fans. ugh, love em.

we arrive at the airport and wait to put our luggage away. a few hours later we board the plane. i get a window seat next to coco. she smells weird. probably put too much perfume on. she always does when she's stressed.

i look out the window as we take off.
y/n was right, the world does look better from up high. you can't tell what's going on in people lives and it's so quiet and nice. except not on a loud plane with coco.

a half hour later, and we've landed.

time seems to speed up after we left the airport and head into our hotel for the night.
i wake up the next morning and get ready for sound check.

we drive past the huge line coming from the place i'm preforming tonight.
it won't start till 9 but there's already hundreds of people here. if only y/n was part of them.

sound check goes well and we're about to begin. the doors open and i watch from the cameras as the fans rush in.

soon later, billie davis and the good lords come on stage. my opening act.
they smashed it. absolutely smashed it.
they hop of stage and i'm about to head on.

i hear the crowd chanting my name over and over. i smile as dazed and confused starts and the crowd is going wild.

i jump on stage and start to sing. lights blind my face and the crowd is huge. they're screaming the lyrics back and it's amazing. the energy is amazing.

it's almost the end, just two more songs left. when we were planning how the tour was gonna go, since y/n wasn't gonna be there, i learnt something of
y/n's songs and they're each gonna be the second last act. —since i always like to finish with a bang, so i do younger last—.

the song i chose to do for tonight was bellyache, since it represents the beginning. when she sung it to me in my room for the first time, i knew right then and there that i loved her. and this is the start of the tour, and that was the start of us.

so i sang. and i sung for her. not for me, not for the fans, not for the fame, the money, my family, for her. for her and only her.

a/n:

hey yalllll.
yes sorry this is like almost a week late. i just didn't have any energy to write. i also got sunburnt real bad so that's fun. you didn't need to know that but ye enjoy this chapter and thank you so much for 5k!! i don't know if i've already said thanks for 5k but yes, thank you. i honestly didn't expect anyone to read this but yeah. ily! xx