• mrs judes •

when i arrive at the school, i take out my airpods and shove them into my bag. this school cares more about headphones and gum more than the freaking education.

"hey y/n!" someone yells.

i turn and see this guy i've never seen in my life wave at me as he walks into the school.
weird.
i shake the thought away, he was probably from my english class or something.

"sup y/n?"

another dude i've never seen before. what's going on?

i scurry into the building and go to my locker. a few more people say hi to me.
i notice ruel, a couple lockers down from me talking to the first guy who said hi to me.

i walk up to him and tap his shoulder.
ruel turns around and smiles.

"oh hi y/n."

i squint at his friend. confused.

"oh this is jake." ruel says noticing my concern.

jake just smirks at me and walks away.
ruel turns to me runs a hand through his hair. "so what's up?"

"what's going on?" i frown.

"what do you mean."

i roll my eyes, "so many people that i've never seen before have come up to me and said hi to me."

right on cue a girl walks past us, "hi ruel, hey y/n."

as she walks away, i point to her, "see? i told you to not introduce me to any of
your friends."

he looks at me "look y/n, i didn't tell them anything about you. it's just yesterday, after english, after our weird fight thing, some of my friends asked how i knew you-"

"you better not of told them about that night!"

"no, y/n, i would never!" he closes his eyes, "i mean, no i didn't." he opens them again and looks straight into mine. "i just told them you where an old family friend. i didn't think they would care so much."

i sigh, "no it's fine ruel, i understand. thank you for not saying anything. i just really didn't want any friends since what's been happening with my-" i stop myself from saying anything. i've said to much. oh great.

ruel just puts one eyebrow up in confusion, "with your...?"

"um...oh look at the time! i should head to class!" i say walking away from him.

"but class starts in 10 minutes, you won't be late!" ruel shouts after me.

"huh?! i can't hear you!" i yell back as i quickly run away.

i don't know where i am going but my first class is music.
yes.
finally.

i spot the music room and i walk in. seeing as it took me five minutes to get here, i am early.
the room is very wide with a grand piano on the left side of the room, there's some guitars on the other side. there's a store room near the back with some trumpets, flutes, clarinets, etc.

i smile as i pick up one of the guitars.
i slowly strum an old melody sam and i made up a few years ago.

we where in his basement looking at all his dads instruments. (his dad was part of a band so he had a lot) and we just picked up a guitar and we made a song.
yeah the song sounded good, but what made it better was that we made it together. and yes i know that sounds cheesy but sam's my best friend. and he was the person who got me into music.

i place the guitar down as a old skinny woman, walks through the door. she had dark brown hair with silver streaks slightly going through it. she wore glasses that where just too small for her face. "ah, y/n." she smiles, "welcome to music class, i am mrs judes, and i'll be your music teacher for the rest of the year."

"where is everyone else?" i question looking around.

"oh. you will be by yourself for music." she answers.

"but i thought this was an actual class no an elective." i reply.

"well, your caretaker, owen, put you down for music, i thought he would've told you." mrs jude answers.

"ok..." he did not. but it was nice of him.

"so." she says clapping her hands together, "where should we start? i hear you're very good."

"oh, thanks." i say shyly. "um, i could show you a song i wrote a few weeks ago on the piano?"

"that would be lovely." mrs jude smiles.

"okay." i say walking towards the piano, "it's called 'when the party's over.'"

i take a deep breath before i play the first few chords. then i start to sing.
i sing through the whole song and it takes me back to that night.
i smile a little as i sing.
the night ruel came into my life.

"...like it like thaat." i end with a chords progression going upwards.

i turn around and look at mrs jude. she was smiling, bigger than before. "wow! that was incredible y/n! you have a beautiful voice! you may even be better than ruel!"

"ruel?" i question.

she's still smiling, "yeah ruel, don't you know him? he's amazing at singing. he's actually pretty famous. he's writing and producing songs. he's gone on tours. he's got an album out too."

i stare at her.
wow, i guess he was hiding something from me after all. i mean, so am i but, he's freaking famous.

i just nod at her and we continue the lesson.

* * *

the day went pretty quick. i managed to avoid ruel all day. i don't know why. i just didn't want to talk to him. or anyone. sam wasn't at school either. so i guess that's okay. well obviously not, but i just really didn't want any human interaction today.

i get home and there's a car i've never seen just parked outside my house.
i look inside the window, it looks pretty new. i notice a little envelope placed on the cars hood. i pick it up. it's addressed to me.

dear y/n,

i know you've been walking everywhere for the past few months and that you've been begging me for a car since i gave you the car, well, i bought you one!
i hope you still have your licence from when you did the test a few years ago.

drive safely!
-owen.

FINALLY. the keys where inside the envelope and i opened the car and smelt that new car scent. (hey, don't judge, you know what i mean).

i spent like 10 minutes checking out the car. i've been wanting one for ages.
i sit in the drivers seat and put the keys in. i take it for a test drive down my street at back. i then park it in my garage that has been useless since i started living in this house.
i lock the car and sit on my couch and watch some tv.

half an hours later, i hear a knock on the door.

i sigh and open the door.
and you'll never guess who it is.

ruel.

a/n:

hey, i feel like this story is trash.
what do you think lol?
what i mean is pls let me know if you want me to change anything, or if you have any suggestions to the story i don't mind.
as always, vote and comment!
love you!