• family only •

she felt safe. her being here calmed me.
i had seemed to fall in this endless hole recently were everything i do, everything i see, everything that's happened, just everything, makes me feel so unsafe. but with cocos big sister arms rapped around me, i felt the hole start to get smaller.

"so do you wanna tell me what happened?" coco asks ruffling my hair.

"uhm, yeah..." i pull her over slowly to one of the chairs and sit down.

"it was y/n." i whisper, her name was all i was holding onto. other than coco.

"wait what?" her face goes a bit pale.

i just nod and look at my lap. "i saw her...just...she didn't even look like her. she was broken... she didn't look real."

"oh my." coco pulls me into another hug and we both hold onto each other and cry.

* * *

y/n's pov:

i don't know when, i don't know how. but i wake with a jolt and some of the pain is gone. i gasp and realise i'm in a hospital bed.

curtains drawn, monitors beeping, and me and my broken body laying still on the cold bed. i look at my arm and see a cast. i take a closer look at the rest of my body and i can't see any injures, just sad looking bandages. it's almost like they don't even want to be there.

but even though most of it toned down, the pain i feel is sickening. i just want to jump out of the window, just to end it all. the pain. everything.

but no. i will not do that. i know ruel is out there somewhere waiting for me. waiting for me to show up.

i lay back down and stare at white stained roof. it slowly goes foggy and i began to soon drift off again.

* * *

ruels pov:

i don't know what to do. for the first time in a while, i feel helpless. absolutely helpless. her surgery was almost done, almost done. but the stupid doctor had to stop me from seeing her. seeing her smile. her smile that wasn't just the beautiful one displayed on my lock-screen.

the surgeons come out of the room and walk into another door, coco pulls away, still having an arm wrapped around me and we both kinda sit there taking everything in. she rubs my back reassuring me. but it does nothing. it only makes me feel worse.
how do i know if she's okay?
how do i know if she's still alive?
how do i know if i'll ever talk to her again?
how can it be okay when she's in there, all alone?
why can't i see her just once more?

* * *

*time skip*

it's been a week. i haven't gone to school. i can't. who would in my situation? my parents were the ones who suggested it to me anyways.
but school might've been a good idea, it would at least distract me more than sitting in my room doing nothing.

i'm on my way to the hospital. i've gone there everyday. everyday, and no one wants to tell me anything. it's come to the point where they practically ignore me. i'm sick of it. no one understands how miserable i've been. no. one. it's like they think 'oh just another person to stitch back up.' no. just no.

i arrive and run in and go to the reception. i ask the same thing i always do, "can i see her?"

and the same answer i always get, "no."

the lady licks her finger to turn a page of the book she's reading. i roll my eyes and start to walk away.

"but i can tell you one thing." she mumbles.

"what?" i spin around so fast.

"you can tell her parents or siblings, aunts, uncles, whatever, that they can visit. family only. she's woken up and is eating now which is good."

this only makes it worse.

"but she has no family!" i slam my fists on the desk, "that's one of the main reasons why i wanna see her so bad!"

"well if you're not her family, i can't help you."

then an idea immediately pops into my head.

"okay, well what room is she in?"

"can't tell you that, family only."

i smirk, "but i am her family."

she laughs sarcastically, "you are not."

"yes i am."

"no-"

"what's her last name? huh?"

she rolls her eyes and flips through a file, "...van dijk, it says here-"

"well so is mine." i grin.

"no it's-"

"it really is."

"can i see your ID then?"

"of course ma lady." i pull out my wallet and show it to her.

she shakes her head, "i don't know how you pulled this off...room 78"

my mouth drops, "thank you so much!"

i spin around, leaving all my problems, all my bad thoughts, all the brokenness behind me, and run.

a/n: okay ik this is kinda irrelevant buuuut have y'all heard his new song, 'down for you?' it's amazing and literally sLaps, if you haven't, and you're reading this the day this chapters out, (30/01/20) it was on the radio ((triple j)so proud 🥺) but it fully comes out tomorrow so if you missed it, then wait like an hour cause it's 11pm rn lol.

SORRY btw if this made no sense to you, i don't think it made sense to me, so. love you guys! stay strong for these next few chapters cause there gonna be pretty cute/sadish. but i ain't gonna spoil soooo.

new update, probably saturday night, or sunday....depends on how i feel. :)

sorry this was a long a/n, k luv u bai!!! <3