• i believe •

he pulls up into my driveway and stops the car.

i look out at my house and it looks just the same. like the person living in this house didn't just come back from being kidnapped. anyone could just walk past not knowing anything.

but i feel scared. going back into the house. last time i went inside, people took me away.

"ruel, i-"

he puts his hand on my shoulder and rubs it gently, "i know it's gonna be a lot to take in, being back and all that. but you gotta stay strong. you're finally home. it's a good thing!"

"yeah," i say looking at him, "it is a good thing."

ruel smiles and hops out of the car. he quickly runs around and opens my door for me. he grabs my hand and helps me to my door.

i sigh before he passes me my key and i unlock it.

i turn the knob and the familiar scent of my vanilla candles hits me, i smile a little, i'm home.

i look around and notice things cleaner than i remember.

"oh yeah, that's another thing, while you were gone, i came in here and cleaned up a bit with the help of coco but i did most of it." ruel grins as he wraps his arms around my neck.

"thank you." i whisper and stand on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

ruel takes my hand and walks me to my couch and sits me down.

he stands in front of the tv and smirks. he straightens his back and stands in a butler type pose.

"good afternoon, young lady, would you like anything?" he says in a low British accent.

i laugh and shake my head, "no thanks."

he squints his eyes at me, "are you sure? can i interest you with some refreshments?"

he jogs towards my fridge studies it.

"you don't really have anything." he whispers to me.

"ruel, i haven't been here for like 2 months, why would i have-"

"what about, some water?!" he indicates towards my tap.

"what?"

"water! it's the most incredible thing you would ever put in your mouth-"

"PFFFF-" i laugh and watch his face slowly realise what he said wrong.

his mouth drops, "y/n! you dirty pig!"

i laugh harder and he fills a cup of water, walking slowly towards me, smirking.

"ruel! oh my gosh, don't you dare!"

he giggles.

"ruel! hey i've got my casts on!" i point to all the bandages.

ruel shrugs, "and?"

"and they're gonna get wet if you pour that on me!"

"and?"

"ruel!"

he smiles and just hands me the cup. i roll my eyes and ruel winks, grinning.

ruel sits down next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder, grabbing the remote and turning the tv on.

he puts on a random show and we start watching it. but it was so hard to watch a show when the most beautiful person was sitting next to you.

ruel notices me staring and lifts his eyebrows, "getting lost in my eyes again are we?"

"oh shut up."

he just smiles at me.

he leans in, so carefully. breathing and not breathing and i can feel his heart beating. he's so close, so close and i can't feel the pain anymore. not just the physical pain, but the pain that lingers inside me until i can't bare it anymore, the pain that makes me want to rip my head off, i can't feel any of it, cause all i feel is him and he whispers,

"i love you."

"why?" i whisper back.

he says, "i love you because i love you. because it would be impossible for me to not love you. i love you without question, without reason, faithfully, without calculation, good or bad, with all my heart and soul, and every faculty, believe it cause it's true. if you can't believe, i will do everything i can to make you believe."

and he kisses me.

his lips are softer than anything i've ever known, soft like a kitten, like biting into fairy floss, like floating and melting and being weightless i'm water. it's sweet, it's so effortlessly sweet.

i guess i've always been dying to hear someone say that i didn't need to try so hard to be perfect, that i was enough and it was okay. and that's what he's been telling me. i never realise it because i'm so caught and wrapped up in my own world that i never realise that he does love me.

he does.
you do.
ruel, i believe.