• "welcome to tour life y/n!" •

ruels pov:

it's 3am right now. i can not sleep. i should be getting a good rest because i'm meant to be singing in front of hundreds of people. but no, my brain decided no.

i roll over and face y/n sleeping soundly on the bed across from me. i wish i could sneak up and cuddle with her but i don't want to wake her, it's her first time ever singing on stage today.

i smile and find my phone on the bed side table. i turn it on and find 12 miss calls from the police back home.

"crap." i whisper stumbling out of bed and running into the bathroom.

i shut the door and sigh. i quickly call the number back and they answer straight away.

"hi, i got a few missed calls from you guys..."

"mhm...name?" a old lady asks.

"ruel vandijk." i start to shake, why would they be calling me?

"ok...number?"

i tell them my number and they put me on hold. i pace around the bathroom shaking uncontrollably.

"okay, ruel?" i hear the lady say.

"yep?"

"i'm going to put you on the phone with another police officer, you met him a few months ago before that girl went missing. is that okay sweetie?"

"ye..yep that's okay."

a few seconds later the man comes to the phone, "hey how are you doing ruel?"

"fine."

"okay so we've got some updates on that case, as you know y/n's been found and she's doing well, she's with you isn't she?"

"yes."

"good, so we've just found the people who took her and they've been put into custody..."

his voice starts to fade and all this weight that's been on my shoulders since y/n came back, just fell. i've been so scared that the people would come back and take her again. and that this time she'll never come back. i smile a little and sit down on the cold floor.

"...and his parents are hosting the funeral soon."

"what?" my heart starts to pound again. funeral?

"sam, his funeral is soon. they found his body at the same place y/n was."

oh.

"okay. um...thanks..."

"cool. stay safe, ruel."

"yep." he hangs up and i'm left there. i can hear my breathing echo all around the bathroom.

i guess it's nice to have a funeral for sam...but y/n...

y/ns pov:

i wake up as the bright sun blinds my face and ruel is running around the room like an idiot.

"ruel!" i croak, "what on earth are you doing?"

"y/n! good morning!" he runs over and kisses my forehead. "have you seen my phone charger? i lost it last night."

"no? ruel, i just woke up." i sit up and stretch and coco comes in, "ruel, i found your charger, now get ready, both of you."

i had completely forgotten that i was opening for ruel today. i take my clothes that coco and i went shopping for yesterday and head into the bathroom and get changed.

i look in the mirror and smile. i think about my life and how hard it was to be here today. and i'm finally happy. i can finally say that and mean it. and my gosh, i snapped in this outfit. i try and do some make up and it looked okay. i brush my teeth and fix up my hair.

i walk out and ruel turns around and smiles. coco looks at ruel and laughs.

"y/n! you look stunning!" he yells and runs over and hugs me. "i'm so proud of you." he whispers in my ears, "you're gonna do so well tonight."

i smile, "thank you."

"alright love birds." nate walks in the hotel room, "come on, we gotta get ready for sound check."

ruel takes my hand and we walk out into the lobby where we see ruels dad waiting for us outside. we walk outside and meet him there.

"you look lovely y/n." he compliments.

"thank you." i smile and we walk to the car.

* * *

we arrive at the venue soon after and we have to walk in front of some of the fans to get inside for sound check.

apparently ruel posted on his instagram story a picture of me and that i'd be opening...so they all know who i am.

my heart starts to pound as i walk out of the car after ruel. the fans erupt in a huge choir of screaming and my ears start to ring. i try to grab ruels hand to steady myself but that would look off, we haven't announced ourselves as a couple to his fans yet.

so i walk awkwardly as some of his fans scream for me. me. why me? it's ruels show after all. i smile at one of the fans and she screamed harder.

when ruel said his fans where crazy i didn't expect this. but it was cute though.

we walk in and the soundproof doors shut blocking most of the noise from outside.

"welcome to tour life y/n!" ruel cheers.

a/n: hi so i feel like my writing is really bad right now. idk i just think it's getting worse. please let me know if it is i'd appreciate it! i also feel like the chapters are really boring so i'm so sorry about that. i'll try and make them better ahh. okay also tysm for 1k votes!
and we're almost at 30k reads! that's unreal! thank you guys sm <3