• empty •

ruels pov:

i ignore the police man who just sits and talks about his life, trying to make me feel better. but really, it's making me feel worse.

the cop finally stands up and shakes out his legs, "alright kiddo, we gotta head out, but we will notify you when we find something out about the case."

i nod without looking at him.
he walks off and heads into the police car and drives off.

i sigh and lay on the grass.
y/n's grass.

i get up and walk into her house, i've never been in it before today since she always insists coming to mine.

it feels empty.
not because there isn't much furniture, but because she was the only one living here.

i suddenly get a rush off empathy for her.
she was living alone for all this time.
no family.
practically no friends.
and a part of her soul was chipping away each day.
all that, and i just thought she was sad because of sam.

i walk up stairs and find her room. it was neat. she always liked things neat.

there was a piano displayed in one corner of the room. and a guitar hanging above it. she had technical music stuff all around. amps, cords, cds and way more music stuff than i have in my room.

i sit on her bed, smelling her familiar scent of vanilla and wonder why.
why does she have to go now. i only just got her.

i reach over to her desk drawer and pull out what looks like a diary. i open it up and find that it's her lyric book.

i smile a little as a read some lyrics. they where beautiful. way better than any i've ever written.

i stand up and walk towards her laptop on her desk. there was a music software app still on her screen, with headphones plugged into it.

a scrolled through some of her songs.

wow. she's made a lot.

i put the headphones on and press play on one of her songs.

a tear falls down my cheek and i click the next one, until i've listened to them all.

all her songs.
all with her beautiful voice.
all made me shed a tear.
all where incredible.

i lean on her wall. feeling the warmness of it somehow make me shiver. i lie with my knees pulled up to my chest and i bury my head into my knees.

it's just so stupid.
why her?
that's all i need to know.
why her?

y/ns pov:

my eyes slowly adjust to the darkness and i can kind of see where i am. it seems i am in some sort of basement. the wooden floor is cold i could get frostbite any second. i close my eyes and try to remember everything.

but nothing. i can't think of anything. my mind has broken. all i can remember is being taken and a sharp pain going into my head...but then i blacked out and woke up here.

i'm in pain too. so much pain. it feels like someone's stabbing my leg every miler second with a sharp knife and they're also banging my head with a hammer. oh and my back, it's like someone has stacked one million bricks on my back. i'm in pain.

i curl up into a ball and rock back and forth trying to keep myself warm.

*time skip*

ruels pov:

each day it hurts more.
going to school without her, waking up without her, being without her. it's slowly tearing me apart and i hate it.

i feel so alone. even though all my friends and family are there. it's like i'm trapped in a world with no stars to shine and i'm all my myself.

i have no idea where she is or if she's alive or not. and that's what scares me. i'm afraid the police will come back with her dead corpse and dump it on my doorstep saying "hey ruel kid, we found her!" and leave.

my family has tried so hard to make me feel happy but it's no use. nothing does. i just need her back to feel complete.

it's a Saturday, 9am, a full week since y/n's been gone. i'm lying on my bed, emotionless. the police haven't notified me once. either they've forgotten, or they seriously haven't found anything.

i've tried to go out and look for her a lot but every time i try mum always gets in the way to stop me. i don't know what's her problem, y/n's not her girlfriend.

i run my hand through my hair to get it out of my face. i sigh and pick up my phone, my favourite picture of y/n flashes and i feel an instant ache in my stomach.

"i miss you a little." i whisper, "a little too much, a little too often, and a whole lot more everyday."

i throw my phone onto my bed and head downstairs for breakfast.
i can smell the pancakes from the stairs and i run down.

everyone is there, dad, mum, sylvie and coco. even wilbur is under the table licking up some toast that fell on the floor.

they all look at me and smile sadly.
i squint my eyes at them and grab my pancakes from the bench and sit down next to sylvie.

"are you okay?"

i fake a smile, "me? omg of course! why wouldn't i be?!"

a/n:

okay i'm sorry i did this to y'all.
please forgive me!