• falling into the deep end •

a lot has happened since i started school.
it's been just over a month of being friends with ruel and yeah, he's perfect.
i've gotten to know coco and sylvie more. ruel and sam have become good friends. i've written more songs.

for the first time in so long i finally feel better. i still get sad a lot, but i'm getting there.

just the main thing is all the secrets and lies i have to keep and tell ruel. it's hard for sam too. we made this story up that we used to go to the same school and that's how we became friends. it's completely different from real life but ruel believes it.

it's a friday night and i'm sitting on a cliff that overlooks the beautiful ocean. it's 7pm so the sun is setting and the whole aesthetic is really pretty and beautiful.

i'm waiting for ruel and sam to come. we've been meeting up here for the last few weeks every friday afternoon. it's been our own secret little spot. we never see anyone up here.

they are both 10 minutes late.

i roll my eyes and pull out my phone to text them, of course they're late.

—————

sam

hey what's happening?
you're late again
smh

—————

i text ruel the same thing and wait for there replys. a couple moments later sam replys.

—————

sam

hi sorry y/n
we got caught in traffic
we're here now xx

okay finally!
i'm so freaking bored
(Read 7:14 pm)

—————

i smile as seconds later i see sam and ruel running up the hill towards me.

"ahaha!" ruel laughs as he flops on the ground next to me smiling, "i win! suck it sam, ya freaking shank."

sam sits on the other side of me, "yeah well you had a head start-"

"no i didn't!" ruel yells at sam but his eyes are still on me.

"yeah you did..." sam trails off catching his breath.

ruel sits up and dusts off some small grass bits that had stuck to his shirt, "hi y/n!"

i laugh and mess up his hair.

"oi!" he yells, amused, "do you want a repeat of that tickle fight we had a few weeks ago?"

i laugh and lean against him. "nah i'm good."

i look over at sam who is tying his shoe lace, "when are you two going to get married?"

i smack my face with my hand and blush. ruel is too.

i forgot to mention that sam really ships us both. like next level. it's crazy.
but as much as i'd like that to happen, it's not. ruel and i are friends. and i don't want to ruin that. and plus he would never fall for some sad ugly girl like me.