• eye •

the bell saves me and i jump out of my seat not waiting to be dismissed.
i left everyone in there feeling dazed and confused. (yoooo)

this wasn't me.
whoever that girl was who walked in there and did all that, it wasn't me.
i don't know what even went through my brain when i did that.

but i've got sam back, even though i can tell it won't be the same.
then ruel.
man he's confusing.
i don't want to make any relationship with him because whatever happens he's going to end up finding out about the real me.

but if i act like whoever that girl was in there all the time, then he'll never know.

but that could be risky.
so i'm not sure.

i've been walking for a while around the school, careful not to bump into ruel or sam.
to be completely honest, i don't know where i'm going.
second period has already started and i should be in art.

i actually love art, i do some paintings and drawings a lot when i'm bored they're okay i guess.

i located the building on my map and quickly run inside.

"james?"

"here."

"y/n?"

i open the door right on time, everyone looks at me, "here!" i yell probably too loudly.

the teacher looks at me and smiles,
"you're the new girl, right?"

"yeah, to you i guess."

he laughs a little and signals for me to sit down.
"well, i'm mr emmons, welcome to art."

he talks about the lesson and what we need to do.
no one i know is in this class.
well, i only know two people in the whole school but still it was good.

basically we had to paint an eye. like however you wanted.

it took a while but it came together in the end:

did i like it? i don't know. but mr emmons certainly did.

he walked past my desk and stopped, mouth wide.

"y/n!" he yell/whispered, grabbing everyone's attention, "that looks outstanding! how'd you do it?!"

i look at down at my hands, he's showing everyone it. gosh.
"i don't know, i just did i guess."

the bell rings and everyone compliments it while they packed up their stuff.

why do teachers have to be so embarrassing?

as i was leaving, mr emmons called my name.
"hey, um i know it's recess now, and your first day, but your art is amazing! i have no idea how you just whipped that up and finished it in under an hour."

i blush, "um thanks."

"so i have a question." he smiles.

"go for it."

"okay, how would you consider being in the art competition this year?"

woah. my first day and this, already?

"i don't know..."

"please, your eye painting," he points to it on the table, "is incredible! you shouldn't be so insecure about this, it's amazing!"

i smile and scratch my head, "uh i'll think about it."

he nods and i leave heading to my locker.
i put my books away and head to the toilets.

when i arrive, i push past the girls taking selfies in the mirror, and head to the stall at the back.

i put in my head phones and press shuffle on my playlist.

ruels pov:

after she left, everyone just sat in silence for like two seconds.
then everyone snapped back to reality and packed their things up and left.

man y/n's confusing.

i go to my locker to get my books for period two and see her hair turn a corner towards the art room.

i can't figure her out.
like the other night, she was...well she was a mess.
but something was definitely up with her that night.

but then today, she just seems so different.
like she's trying to hide something.
well i guess i am too, i haven't told her about my music yet.
but i've never had the chance to so it's not like i should've already.

i snap out of my daze and head to my history class.

time seemed to take seven times longer, it felt like i was in that class for twenty nine years.

the bell finally goes and i walk out of the class and head to my locker again.

i see y/n again talking to the art teacher.
she leaves and heads to her locker which is maybe five lockers down from mine.

she doesn't notice me though.
somethings on her mind.
she stares at the floor, hands on head, eyes closed, and then slams her locked door shut and walks away quickly.

i would've followed her, but i feel like that would be too creepy.
so i go find a quiet place in the library to sit and eat.

i get my food out and start eating.
i notice the guy y/n was hugging in english today, his names sam... i think.

he was talking quietly on the phone to someone.
but i was close enough to hear.

"where are you?...okay...really? no one knows?...who the heck's owen?...ohhh...so are you good? living alone?...mm...bro i've missed you, but i really gotta go...we'll talk later, after school... bye." he hangs up and slowly walks out of the library looking a little sceptical.

i really want to know who was on the other end of the phone.
but i've already been snoopy today, don't need to go to the next level.
i'll drop it.

i stand up when i hear the bell ring and head outside.
i see y/n walking out of the bathroom quickly wiping tears away, she looks around and takes a deep breath and spreads a smile across her face.
a fake one clearly, since she was literally just crying.

i wanted to so badly to go over there and pull her into a hug and rock her back and forth and tell her everything would be okay even if it wasn't.
but before i could do anything, she had walked away.

a/n:
i promise there will be more y/n and ruel stuff soon.
i just kinda want to make this long and i don't want them to fall in love too quickly.
anyways love you.
also credit to the artist who actually painted the eye.
i have no idea who did it, but there's a watermark on it that says 'humid peach' so yeah lol.
um also i remember i said in the first chapter that y/n doesn't have a phone bc of tracking reasons, but just i messed up okay lmao and i'm just saying she does have one now just, the next chapter will explain it i promise haha.