• reason to live •

i wake as my alarm goes off for school. i roll over and turn it off. i stare at the ceiling.

finally. ruel is back at school. the crackhead himself. although he's been really down lately. i promised him i would come to school today. but it's taking me everything to go so lucky him.

i walk slowly down stairs and grab my bag that i had already packed for today la say night cause ya know, i'm that kind of person.

i make my way to the door and open it. ruel was standing there in the position where he was just about to knock.

"oh hello there ruel." i smirk.

"um...hi..." he mutters.

"so why are you here?" i ask him leaving on the door frame.

"huh?"

"you're at my house at 8am...are you just admiring my door? or..?"

"ohh" he smiles and tucks his hair behind his ears, "yeah...i was gonna ask..."

i put my eyebrows up, "mm?"

"do you wanna walk to school with me?"

i start laughing.

"oi! why are you laughing?" he stammers.

"just...just...you.." i say in between laughs.

"what?!" he's smiling although he's so confused.

"oh ruel," i walk out the door and grab his hand. "of course i'll walk! no need to be so nervous."

he looks at my hand holding his, then back at my face, "okay."

he smirks at me.

"oh no." i say.

"what?"

"you've got that look..."

"what look?"

"the one-"

then ruel sprints, holding my arm, dragging me along. my legs are tripping over rocks, but i'm still running.

my gosh ruel.

we're almost half way to school when i can't take it anymore. i completely stop running and fall to the ground dramatically. it slows ruel down too.

"come on y/n!!!" he bends down and tugs on my arm, "we're almost there!"

"ruel you asked me to walk with you. this isn't walking you idiot." i can beat my heart beating from my chest.

"yeah...well...good point but-"

"uh uh uh!" i shake my head and cross my arms. "no excuses! we are walking or nothing else!"

"noo! y/n! i wanna run!"

he starts to pull on my arm again.

"i'm not getting up!"

"come on!" he drags the 'n' out.

"nope!"

"fine."

finally. he'll walk.

but there was a slight smirk as he said that...
he picks me up bridal stile from the ground. nope. not what i was thinking.
i mean, it's ruel so i can't argue...

ruel then walks the rest of the way to school holding me in his arms.

* * *

*ruels pov*

*time skip to lunch*

i walk out of the horrid math class and head to my locker to put my stuff away.
i wait for y/n to get out of biology (not that i memorised her schedule...) and walk to a shady spot near a tree to enjoy our lunch.

we talk about random stuff that happened so far at school. it was great and all, like i liked hearing that she's getting through all gt he stuff that's happened. but what was bugging me was we completely ignored the fact we kissed...a lot. so i need to bring it up..but it's hard to just say like:

'hey, you know how we kissed? yeah well can i be your boyfriend? you wanna go out??'

like no, i wish it worked like that but you never know, she could like someone else.

"soo y/n.." i begin trying to start the conversation off.

"soo ruel.." she mocks. why is it that when she's being annoying, she's being cute at the same time?? like, she's not real.

"i just wanted to ask-"

"no! you can't 'walk' with me to school tomorrow! i am still out of breath from all the WaLkiNg we did."

gosh, she's so funny.

"oh shut up, i- i wanted to talk about the other night..."

i small smile creeps up onto her face but quickly disappears. she starts to blush and looks at her lap.

"yeah...what about it."

"what- gosh this is gonna sound so cliche-but...what are we?"

y/n looks back up at me, with her beautiful, perfect freaking face, and leans in, "whatever you want it to be?" she whispers.

"what if we don't want the same?" i ask.

"what do you want then?"

"you."

she kisses me passionately. like her life isn't just falling apart. like she isn't crying herself to sleep each night. like her best friend isn't dead. like she isn't blaming herself for everything. like she isn't sad. like she isn't sick and tired of her life. she kisses me like the world depends on it.

she kisses me like there's finally a reason to live.

a/n:

aww, we love my cute short chapters. 😂
will update sOon!
not in like a week!
i'm sorry i've been updating so late lately. (pff)
i know my 'late' updating is faster than other fanfics who update like every two years, but i like it when people update quick. anywhoo, enjoy your night/day/morning! xx