• the day i met you •

y/n's pov:

i pull away and stare into ruels dreamy eyes. i quickly advert my eyes as he stares back and i look at my feet, feeling my cheeks burn red.

there was a small silence that comforted me. it wasn't awkward, it wasn't sad, it was... nice.

if you would've watched us from afar, it would look so weird. two teenaged kids, sitting on a bench, in the rain, at night.

i almost laugh, how long have i dreamt of this moment to actually happen
well, maybe not how it is. but it still happened.

i feel ruels eyes on my face again so i look at him.

"y/n."

"ruel."

we say at the same time.

ruel laughs softly.

"your laugh is so cute." i tell him as i blush harder. thank god it's dark.

"no yours is."

i couldn't help but laugh too, "no!"

"see!" his smile beams, "it's way cuter than mine."

"oh shut your face."

"make me."

i smirk as i lean in to kiss him again.
he kisses back almost instantly.
rain slips through my mouth and i overreact on purpose making gagging sounds like i'm choking.
ruel laughs as he knew i was kidding.

"oh no y/n's choking what do i do ah noo." he says sarcastically.

i laugh. ruel smiles at me and it makes me feel all warm inside even though we were soaking wet in the cold.

ruel quickly stands up and reach's out his arm for me to take his hand.
i quickly grab it, standing up, and he walks down the street.

"where are we going?" i ask him.

"somewhere..." he teases.

"ruellll." i say swinging our arms up and down as we walk.

"just wait." he pokes his tongue out at me and then starts to run.

"oi!" i yell as i'm being slightly dragged along.

ruel continues to run to wherever he was taking me. we run through a lot of parks and he almost made me get hit by another car. what a surprise.

we've been running for not that long but it still feels like forever. i keep asking how long it's gonna take and if we were there yet but he would always keep it short and simple like 'not yet' or 'just a little further'.

i was almost gonna give up and just lay on the floor and die but he finally slows down.

"we there yet?" i puff, that running sure made me tired.

"almost."

i yawn and follow him through this park type thing. it was mainly bushes and large grassy areas and huge trees. i didn't know why he took me here.

he's takes me to one of the largest trees there and he finally lets go of my hand.

"here we are."

i roll my eyes in annoyance, "you made me run like 4ks just to show me this tree? can't you just use any other?"

he shakes his head, "just bare with me, you'll understand. now climb it."

"what?"

"climb it." he repeats.

i still stand there dumbfounded so he rolls his eyes and starts to climb the tree.

"ohh" i say like the idiot i am, "actually climb it, okay i get you."

i follow him up the tree, i almost fall down twice but let's leave that part out.

when i finally reach the top of tree, i still didn't know why we where here until i looked at ruel.

he was gazing at the view; the beautiful view. i look out at it, it was like i could see the whole world. it overlooked a clear, deep lake that i swear i could see fish in. i could see all the lights from the houses, buildings and cars, across from the lake, all together it was beautiful. it was like we where out of the world and we where gazing at it; it was too surreal. it was like we where watching everything but we where in our own little space. it was incredible.

i look at ruel and he looks back at me.

"i go here a lot." he whispers, "to escape, to write music, to think, to live a little. i've been going here a lot recently because of..."

he trailed off but he didn't need to explain. i understood.

i nod as i look back at the view.

"it was also where i was the day i met you." he says still looking at me.

"what?"

"when i almost hit you...the first time...i was driving back home from here and then i met you..."

"ohhh...." i always wondered why he was out so late.

and there it is again. the comfortable silence. it's like having a warm blanket being wrapped around you. you just want to stay there forever. in the moment.

ruel shifts closer to me and i lay my head on his shoulder. the tree branches sway in the soft breeze. ruel wraps his arms around me and i snuggle into him.

i would fall asleep if i want on a tree. but i wouldn't want to fall off would i?

maybe i would.
that way i could see sam.
but i can't.
i can't do that to ruel.
he needs me.
and i need him.

so i stay there. on a tree, looking out over the incredible view, with the only person who can give me light in this world.

a/n:

hey hey!
sorry this is a bit short and that it took a while to update.
i'm still trying to figure out everything for future chapters.
i hope you enjoyed this one though.
have a spectacular day/night! xx