• love at first sight •

*time skippp*

the past few weeks have been extremely slow. everything felt heavy and i never slept. i took more walks at night just trying to clear my head. but i still felt like i was lost again.

i've been pushing ruel away too, it's not good. i need him more than anything right now but i can't get myself to talk to him. he has been coming over every few days to check on me but i keep my conversation dry. i know he wants to help, but i just don't know if he can.

i get a notification from my phone. it was ruel.

ruel

today 10:45 am

hey i'm on my way
i need to talk to you

alright, door's unlocked.
read 10:48

was i happy he was coming over? to be honest, yes. i really need him but i don't know, i just want to be alone. i decide to get dressed. i throw on a singlet and some pants and tie my hair in a bun. i grab some blush and put it on my cheeks. i stare at myself before i shake my head and take it off. i never wear makeup, no need to today.

minutes later ruel drives up and i watch him walk up to my house. i take a breath and steady myself. i see him stand awkwardly there before remembering that he can let himself in, what a dork.

soon i hear a knock at my door and ruel walks in. a big smile is spread across his face.

"what?" i ask looking into his eyes. you can get so easily lost. i look down at his lips.

"i got you something! that's what!" he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a little white box.

i stare at it, then back at him, "you didn't have to get me anything. i'm fine."

"y/n shut up i can do what i want." ruel chuckles. he leans over and pulls me into a hug. i hesitantly hug him back.

oh i why do i feel this way? why can't i be happy like he is? what did i do wrong?

ruel pulls away and cups my chin with his soft hands. "now this wasn't easy to find so you better like it."

he hands me the box and i open it.

it was a gold necklace with the letter 'R' on it. he pulls out a necklace from his shirt with my initial on it. he smiles. "for you to remember me when i do go on long tours without you, or even when you're at home and miss me. i love you endlessly y/n l/n."

i smile softly, "thank you. i love you too."

he grins and puts the necklace around my neck.

this time i pull him into a hug

this time i pull him into a hug. and i don't know if it's because of the necklace, or him, but i feel a lot better.

* * *

we hang out, watch movies, talk, make cookies and cuddle till dusk. the sun sets over the ocean and we get a clear view of it from my bedroom window.

we walk up to my window and sit on the ledge looking out at the pink sky. i reach over and grab ruels hand.

ruel smiles, "do you remember when we first met?"

"yeah." i drag the word out making ruel smile more.

"i was so amazed by you."

i blush, "ruel you don't-"

"no i seriously was." he cuts me off, "i remember going home and trying to find you on instagram or something. i remember loosing sleep over you...i remember everything." he looks me in my eyes, "i remember this feeling...it was so good...i...what do they call it...?"

"...love at first sight." we say in unison.

alright alright alright. it's been a while! and i'm so sorry! i just had a huge writers block and i didn't know what to do. but here's the chapter, it's a bit short i know but yeah. alsooooo we're almost at 40k!? i don't even understand y'all, this is surreal. thank you