• "i did it." •

we started sound check soon after we settled in and i met some of the crew. ruel insisted that i went first for sound check so i did. i sang a few songs i was gonna sing and it went all good. ruel went after me and oh my he was incredible. his voice is just so amazing.

it was 6:30 pm and they were about to open up the doors. i was so nervous. everyone was giving me tips and advice and overall making me feel better but i was still shaking and i still felt like i was gonna faint.

10 minutes till doors open...an hour till i go on. ruel comes over to where i am seated and hugs me.

"you're gonna do amazing y/n." he grins and pulls my hair behind me ears.

"are you sure? i'm so nervous i feel like i'm going to die." i look at the ground as my heart pumps harder.

"y/n, trust me," he puts both his arms on my shoulders and looks me in the eye, "everyone's going to love you. and as soon as you start singing, all your nerves will go away and you'll feel a rush of excitement and you'll have a great time."

"if you say so." i smile.

he shakes his head, "no. not 'if i say so' you will have a good time. and if not..." he laughs, "i won't speak to you ever again!"

i laugh too, "ruel! you can't say that!"

"i just did."

i slap him softly and he smirks and starts to tickle me. i scream and try and get away but his grip was strong.

"ruel! stop!" i say in between laughs, "i-"

"promise me," he stops tickling me and cups my face with his hands, "promise me you'll have a good time."

"i will. now let me-"

"promise me." his eyes widen.

"okay." i smile and take his hands off my face, "i promise."

"good." a warm smile spreads across his face, "i love you y/n."

i look at him. the boy who i fell for. i look him in his deep eyes, "i love you ruel."

he kisses me and it was like i traveled in time because suddenly i'm walking out to the wings. suddenly i see my name flash on the screen. suddenly i'm walking across the stage. suddenly i see hundreds of fans screaming. screaming my name. how do they all know it?

i smile and lift the mic to my mouth, "what's up everyone!"

then they're going nuts. chanting, screaming, yelling, it's so loud. and all eyes are on me. then music to my song suddenly starts and if it was possible, the screams got louder.

i sing the first line and somehow they all know it. i was so confused but i laugh and keep on singing.

(ya gotta love beneeeeee)

the song ends and they erupt in cheers and screams. i smile, "how are y'all doing tonight?"

they scream more and it honestly felt amazing. i just got this rush of energy as my next song started and they knew it too! how do they know these songs that i just wrote on the floor of my bedroom?

and then it hit me. ruel. he said he sang some of my songs on his tours and obviously the fans would've filmed them and uploaded them to whatever and learnt the lyrics. oh ruel.

i smiled and danced as the beat dropped. i looked at some of the people in the front row and they looked like they where having a good time. listening to me?!

the song ended and i swear my ears where gonna pop out of my head. how can people scream so loud?

"wow." i say out of breath to everyone. they laugh and cheer. "well um hi, i'm y/n if you don't know me."

they cheer some more and i close my eyes, trying to remember everything i was instructed to say.

"to be honest with you, if someone had told me a month ago that i'd be here right now i'd laugh. i've been writing music basically my whole life. it's kind of like a escape...if anyone has written music before or maybe even if you listen to it, you'd understand. as you know i haven't really put out any songs before and most of you only know them when ruel sang them."

ruels pov:

as soon as she said my name the crowd burst into loud screams. i hope y/ns ears aren't gonna get blocked or something. i laugh to myself and listen to what she's gonna say next.

"anyways so i'm going to let you guys in on a little secret..."

i turn around and look at nate and frown, "this wasn't on her script." i whisper/shout.

he just shrugs and holds back a smile.

i look at him, "nate..."

"shh." he walks over across the room, away from me and grabs a cup of water.

"...my ep comes out in a week!" i hear y/n say.

"what?!" i say to nate, "did you know?"

nate just drinks his water and ignores me.

i smile proudly for y/n. finally she's putting out her incredible music!

she rambles on about some other stuff and gets back to singing. she's doing so good and she looks good too. like...really good.

she ends her last song and they cheer for her. and it was the sound i've been wanting to hear ever since i heard y/n sing for the first tine. the crowd screaming her name.

she runs off stage and i hug her tight and swing her around in the air.

"you did it." i whisper in her ear.

"i did it."