• wish it was more •

i blush and hand the guitar back to ruel.

"y/n..." ruel's in shock.

"i know, i'm really bad-" i begin but coco interrupts me.

"y/n!" she yells, "that's the most beautiful voice i've ever heard omg."

"no it's-"

"she's right." ruel cuts me off as well, "you're incredible." he smiles.

"okay shut up. what's for dinner coco?" i am so bad at taking compliments wth.

coco just shakes her head, "pasta, now learn to take a compliment."

i blush and stand up, coco walks out.
i head towards the door but ruel grabs my hand.

"y/n, i'm being serious, your voice is amazing."

i open my mouth to speak but he puts his finger up to it, "no, it is."

i nod and smile since i knew if i said anything else he would've killed me.

we walk down stairs together and sit down at the table.
ruel and i where the first ones there so we sat and chatted for a little bit.

ruels mum then walks in from the kitchen carrying a bowl of hot pasta. oo it looked so good. she goes back into the kitchen and grabs a salad and puts it down next to the pasta.

"coco! sylvie! dinners ready!!" i turn around as coco and this other girl, pretty sure ruels other sister, comes in. the girl -sylvie, i think- looks at me with a confused expression.

"ah, sylvie, this is ruels...friend, y/n." ruels mum -kate says noticing sylvie.

they sit down and we serve ourselves the food.

"so, y/n, how are you finding the school?" kate says. ruel must of told her i was new.

"it's nice. i like it." i say awkwardly.

we chat about random things until we had finished our food.

"well, thanks for the meal, kate, it was lovely." i smile standing up from my chair. ruel stands up too.

"no worries! do you want me to drop you off? i can even say hi to your parents if you'd like."

ah that sting again.

"no it's fine i can walk, and my parents aren't home anyways..." i reply through gritted teeth.

ruel smiles his beautiful smile at me, "i can walk you if you'd like."

i watch coco nudge sylvie and whisper something to her. they both look at ruel, then me then smile and giggle.

"yes that'd be nice." i reply eyeing the girls.

"great." he grabs my hand and off we go.

it was about 7 o'clock so it had started to get dark. ruel and i mostly walked in silence, occasionally talking about whatever. we were still holding hands.
oh how i wish it was more.

when we arrived at my door.

ruel faces me.

i smile at him and poke him
on the nose with my finger.
he scrunches his nose up and laughs.

"cya tomorrow y/n." ruel pokes his tongue out and walks off.

"bye!"

i grab my keys from inside my pocket and unlock the door.

i go inside and run upstairs. i flop on my bed, sighing. i roll over and cry myself to sleep.
it's so hard keeping secrets from ruel. i want to be more than friends but he obviously doesn't. and i'm lying to him. my whole life is a lie to him.

i wish i could tell him but i made a promise and i already broke one.

maybe one day, ruel.
maybe one day you'll find out.

that is if i'm still here.

a/n:
short chapter but who really cares.
this chapter is really boring so don't come for me. i'm sorry but everyone's life is boring so i kinda had to add it oop.
be ready for the next chapter because stuff is gonna happen ahhhh!
hope you have a fabtabulas day!
oh and we have almost hit 100 votes!!!??? like guys. wth ily.